No, I was laughing with glee that AdvancedSetup posted his canned speech for running SysClean. It's a beautiful thing ;) .

Hi Exile,

I actually thought your Post was very Funny :) . Today, so far I had a hectic day with meetings and what not ... so YOUR post acutally made me laugh :) ... I did NOT take it wrong ... and I was just kidding back! ;)

Thanks for Your Continued Support on the Forum!

G! :)

No problem, hopefully your day will slow down and you'll get some nice quiet down time ;) . If you need anything else just let us know.

I was hoping he'd post that ;) . I love his canned speeches :) ! Excellent attention to detail.

Oh No way! I need to go over the: Trend Micro Damage Cleanup Engine And I own the product. LOL There the best detail I've seen!

@ exile360

got a question for you. In regards to windows defender. Each time I start this notebook, I get this message

I know I can go in there & uncheck the box... but I like to know whats goin on (any changes)

MpCmdRun.exe is the application used for scheduled scans by Windows Defender, it most likely has reacted to something when it did a scan. You should be able to check its logs and/or the Event Viewer to find out what it was. I doubt it was a detection of anything malicious but you can confirm by viewing the logs.

I did a scan yeaterday. no scans since (Full Scan was just under 2 hours) Posted the other day, it picked up spycar & spynomore. with a pop up window... (just forgot where it was posted?) but on a reboot I get that message every time...

Will check the logs. in the event viewer. thanks

MpCmdRun.exe is the application used for scheduled scans by Windows Defender, it most likely has reacted to something when it did a scan. You should be able to check its logs and/or the Event Viewer to find out what it was. I doubt it was a detection of anything malicious but you can confirm by viewing the logs.

The event viewer says its picking up mbam swissarmy, that I put in the trust area. I removed everything from WD. Going to reboot & see how things run? you were right, it did't need to be in there...

Yup, it notices it because of its behavior, but it won't stop or delete it because it isn't in Defender's defs.

@ exile360

Did two reboots, didn't work? "Do Not Scan these Files or Locations" in Winder Defender is empty..

Exact same screenshot as above pop's up...

I can live with it. Its only a "tool tip" that lasts for 5 - 6 seconds. Unless you have another course of action?

Meantime I'll check the event viewer again....TIA....

It's most likely just notifying you that MBAM's file is doing stuff that could be interpreted as suspicious. I don't run WD at startup and that's probably why I never see these notifications.

I have it on startup, maybe I should disable that. Now I get two alerts: 1st: MPcmdRun.exe and the 2nd: Banfnd.sys and that after two reboots. Let me take it out of startup...see what happens

Strange, it could be Defender is set to notify you of suspicious activity. You should be able to change that in its settings. Here is the info on Banfnd.sys in case you were curious.

I had to do some reading there.. Changing it from a startup program to Stop in Administrative Tool\Services, gave me an MS error that it was not in the startup mode... If you can clue me in on how your not running it in Startup? that would help.

In the WD help files, I came accross this: "If you use a different firewall, check the help for that firewall to see how to allow the program, MSASCui.exe, to access Transmission Control Protocol (TCP) port 80" thats was just done... TIA in regards to disable startup...

I set the service to "manual" and start it when I run WD (along with my other security apps using a batch file) and I removed the startup entry of MSASCui.exe using Autoruns (Sysinternals). You should be able to simply disable the realtime component though in WD's interface, and then open WD and enable it when you're ready to use it.

Sounds like a plan. Hey thanks for all the tips & advice! ;) were going to check this out on the other pc... later

Cool beans. No worries if you don't get it 100% without the notification, it still isn't blocking anything as long as it's set to use the default settings.

No unfortunately, it seems the issue is intermittent and it is constantly occurring if my posts have too many words (upload issue perhaps?).

I don't know yet, I haven't tried to post anything too big. Hopefully it is, but I'll keep my posts pretty brief for a while just to make sure. It was most likely dropped packets due to a server issue somewhere between my connection and the malwarebytes server causing connectivity issues. I've seen similar things before with other sites, it's all in how they route the connection.

Hope it gets fixed. Got the Win Defender working ok. thx. again for all the help! I notice when I log out of this forum. The day & time changes! must be in Europe? -- just a guess on my part.....