Defraggler

yardbird

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
thank you, but I don't need it. I appreciate it.

no prob...those pic's looked good when you had them on.. resize them a little smaller & your set.

but you already knew that.... later

Guest victimized
no prob...those pic's looked good when you had them on.. resize them a little smaller & your set.

but you already knew that.... later

I use microsoft picture manager to resize them, but still thanks. Defraggler is a program that lets you defrag individual files, useful when just downloading/installing a new program.
I use microsoft picture manager to resize them, but still thanks. Defraggler is a program that lets you defrag individual files, useful when just downloading/installing a new program.

I defrag the whole HD with it....

Edit: been using it appx: 1 yr.

Guest victimized
I defrag the whole HD with it....

Edit: been using it appx: 1 yr.

I would rather use microsoft's disk defragmenter for the whole pc.
I would rather use microsoft's disk defragmenter for the whole pc.

I use that rarely now, but side by side after a defraggler run, and the MS defrag.. theres not much left to put in its place "so to say" oh well....see if anyone else has 2 cents on this topic. With all the beta work goin on here I find myself starting at 0% at the end of the day/night 5% fraged

I've used defraggler but the results weren't too compelling next to the built in defrag tool (MS). Especially when called from the command line as there are some nifty options, like boot defrag (defrags files loaded initially during boot to speed up computer start up process :P ). The best third party defrag tool I've come across has to be O&O, unfortunately it's not free though, but they do offer a trial version.

I've used defraggler but the results weren't too compelling next to the built in defrag tool (MS). Especially when called from the command line as there are some nifty options, like boot defrag (defrags files loaded initially during boot to speed up computer start up process :P ). The best third party defrag tool I've come across has to be O&O, unfortunately it's not free though, but they do offer a trial version.

about a year ago my MS defrag froze up on me... fixed with a system restore. but I found the defraggler with Ccleaner and gave it a shot..... thx for the input......

Guest victimized
@ victimized

you ever recover your missing files or was that someone else?

No, i believe you mistakened that idea from the "How To Uninstall A Windows XP" topic i made, no, i don't recover my files but thanks anyways.

Defraggler is an OK tool but nothing special. I myself prefer JkDefrag with JkDefragGUI - best free defragger in my humble opinion. As far as commercial products are concerned I would have to pick PerfectDisk as the best defragger of all, followed closely by O&O.

I myself prefer JkDefrag with JkDefragGUI - best free defragger in my humble opinion.

+1 I use JK & JKDefragGUI on my and my wife's computers. The screensaver is pretty cool too. :P

Guest remixed

I've always used O&O Defrag Pro, life's too short to use Microsoft's own tool. I hear Auslogics do a respectable freebie defrag.

I used Auslogics defragger for a while, but found that it didn't really do to well (which explains why it works so fast :P ). In fact, MS's own did better than it did, but I absolutely agree about O&O, it's one of the best ;) .

Guest victimized

I used Auslogics defragger for a while, but found that it didn't really do to well (which explains why it works so fast :P ). In fact, MS's own did better than it did, but I absolutely agree about O&O, it's one of the best ;) .
Auslogics is overpriced and their registry cleaner will mess up your registry, which is why I advise people not to use any, because most of the time their found "problems" aren't always right.

Auslogics defrag tool is free, at least it was last time I checked (of course, considering its effectiveness it could certainly be debated that it is still "overpriced" :P ). I generally avoid reg cleaners, but I do use the one in Ccleaner, but only after reading each and every entry it detects to verify it is obsolete and can be safely removed. I don't recommend any reg cleaners as being safe for novice users because it's too easy to screw up and often too difficult for them to fix.

Guest victimized

Auslogics defrag tool is free, at least it was last time I checked (of course, considering its effectiveness it could certainly be debated that it is still "overpriced" :P ). I generally avoid reg cleaners, but I do use the one in Ccleaner, but only after reading each and every entry it detects to verify it is obsolete and can be safely removed. I don't recommend any reg cleaners as being safe for novice users because it's too easy to screw up and often too difficult for them to fix.
Oh i thought you were talking about the full package of it.

Archived