Heuristic Analysis Takes 2-1/2 hours

Hello and :welcome: :

Let's try this:

• Please follow the steps in this pinned topic to uninstall your current version of MBAM and reinstall the latest build - MBAM Clean Removal Process 2x
  • If that does not correct the issue, then please read the following and post back attached to your next reply the 3 requested logs - Diagnostic Logs (the 3 logs are: FRST.txt, Addition.txt and CheckResults.txt)
  • NOTE: There is an FAQ section with valuable information located here - Common Questions, Issues, and their Solutions

Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Hi:

Until the staff and experts arrive to formally review your logs, the logs do show evidence suggestive of infection.

It might be a good idea to head over to the malware removal section of the forum.
The experts there can assist you with taking a deeper look at the system for any needed cleanup and repair.

I suggest that you please follow the advice in this pinned topic: Available Assistance For Possibly Infected Computers.
It explains the options for free, expert help AND the preliminary steps to take to expedite the process.

>>As you have already run the preliminary tools, you just need to start a new, separate topic in the malware removal section (WITH these same logs).
A malware analyst will guide you through the cleanup process and with getting MBAM up and running properly.

Thanks,

Hi daledoc,

Thanks for the quick response. I don't know whether or not this would have effected the logs I sent you, but after my reinstallation of MAB I stopped the new scan when it became obvious that the problem had not been solved. Thus, the logs I sent you were made after an aborted scan.

In any case, this time I've tried the Pro version; the "Quick" Scan still took 2:40 to complete with no threats detected, so I'm attaching a new set of logs from this completed scan. If you still think it suggests an infection and are willing to turn the logs over to the experts, I'd rather stick with you than starting all over at the infection forum.

Continued appreciation,
Rob

PS Whats the Fix Button for in the FRST64 Scan window? Looks tempting!

FRST.txtAddition.txtCheckResults.txt

Thanks for those logs.

PS My system shows no evidence of infection.

The lack of symptoms does not mean you are not infected.

There are abnormalities on your scans suggestive of infection with at least PUPs.

Complete diagnosis may require the use of additional tools to take a deeper look at the system.

Such work is not permitted in this area of the forum.

It's up to you, of course. :)

However,you might want to please follow the advice in this pinned topic: Available Assistance For Possibly Infected Computers.
It explains the options for free, expert help AND the preliminary steps to take to expedite the process.

>>As you have already run the preliminary tools, you just need to start a new, separate topic in the malware removal section (WITH these same logs).
A malware analyst will guide you through the scanning and cleanup process and with getting MBAM up and running properly.

Perhaps the staff will have some other advice when they have a chance to review your logs.

Thanks,