windows 7 shuts down without any reason

bundai

hi there,

My windows 7 shuts down automatically without any reason. It isn`t a sudden shutdown, closes immediately everything then turns off windows. I think it is more likely a software problem, but I dont know where to look.

Sometimes it is working for a while (few minutes), then does this. Sometimes you can`t even reach the sign in window.

There isn`t any automatic shut down task set up.

First it turned on itself as well. I charged the batteries and I couldn`t use my laptop on the train, because on the way there (4 hours) it slowly used its battery.

Where should I look for the problem?

Did anyone have the same problem before?

I`m working from my Ipad now, because I can only use the laptop for few minutes.. Please help, thanks

sophie

Look at;  RAM, CPU, CPU fan and chassis fan.  Most common reason is a system thermal shutdown.  If it is a laptop, get a can of compressed air and blow the out all the dust in various air-duct areas on the notebook.  Also make sure while the notebook is in use said ducts are not blocked.

Thanks, I try it again. I cleaned it a week ago but not with compressed air. Hope it is just that.

If it not this, what esle can cause this problem? It doesnt seem warm when it shuts down.

Why did it turn itself on? (that happend 3 times)

Thanks, I get some compressed air:)

"First it turned on itself as well. I charged the batteries and I couldn`t use my laptop on the train, because on the way there (4 hours) it slowly used its battery."

as written , this is a bit confusing .

please explain .

a comp "turning itself on" is usually due to an internal timer being told to do so .

...or ...

it could have been in or somehow put into one of these modes and is waking from the sleep/standby/hibernate mode by an action such as raising the display/lid .

there are settings in windows that will put the comp into the sleep/hibernate/standby mode even though the comp has been told to shut down .

Thanks, I tried the compressed air, it is working so far. (2 hours ago now:) I hope only this was the problem.

Thank you.

The automatic start:

There wasnt any scheduled start. Wasnt in sleeping or standby mode. Only did it on these three days, couple of times after eachother. When I realized the computer is on I switched it off (shutdown) then it started itself again. I needed to take out the battery for stopping the restart. Since then (1 week ago) didnt happen again. I had this for 3-4 weeks on 3 individual days.

I didnt set anything else since then and it stopped. I'm just courious why it did start on its own. It can happen again and it was really annoying when you charge you laptop for working on the train and as soon as you get there your laptop is dead.

Thanks again.