[MBAE 1.04.1.1012] Strange shielded applications count

Gregory88

Hello,

Recently I updated MBAE to version 1.04.1.1012. I noticed a very strange error. After a few hours of using Google Chrome (version 37.0.2062.102) I have very high Shielded Applications count. Even, if I turn off the browser, nothing changes. When I reboot my computer, then counter drops to zero, but when I turn on Google Chrome, it slowly begins to rise.

err.jpg

MBAE_logs.zip

Is the counter an integer?  I assume that it is a simple counter not used to index memory and it would be theoretically possible to wrap round to a negative if the operating system is not restarted every decade or so.

• 1 month later...
  • Staff

Cool, thanks for confirming!

We're still seeing a small bug within Chrome when one of the child chrome.exe processes is terminated unexpectedly by the parent chrome.exe process. So you might still see some instances where the counter is off by 1 at some point or another when using Chrome.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...