MalwareBytes prevents or just cure malware?

I'm looking for a good antimalware software and right now I can't choose between malwarebytes and mcafee. It looks like both solutions are great but after reading some articles I see that malwarebytes doesn't prevent infection it only cure already infected system, interesting... I have come across another comparison article here and all stars are given to malwarebytes, so is it worth to get malwarebytes or not?

Hi:

MBAM Premium provides REAL-TIME protection to PREVENT infection from getting onto your computer.
MBAM Free is a manual, on-demand scanner that can only CLEAN infections that are already there on the system.
See here: http://www.malwarebytes.org/antimalware/

NEITHER Free nor MBAM Premium is in any way comparable to "McAfee".
McAfee is an anti-virus (AV).
MBAM is NOT an anti-virus: Does Malwarebytes Anti-Malware replace antivirus software?
It is a specialized anti-malware product designed to be run alongside the real-time protection of an anti-virus (AV), such as McAfee.

There are many fine choices for an AV to run with MBAM. Here is a partial list: List of well known antivirus products

I hope this helps, for starters.

ALSO, for additional information:
There is an FAQ Section here: Common Questions, Issues, and their Solutions
And here are links to the MBAM 2.0 User Guide: Online and PDF
And there are many useful KB topics and videos at the helpdesk support page

Please let us know if you need more help.

P.S. Those comparison tests are typically unreliable -- many are highly biased, while others compare "apples" to "oranges". They aren't very helpful.

Hello and :welcome:

First off, McAfee is an antivirus program with a malware plugin/add-on. Malwarebytes on the other hand is an Anti-Malware program and not an antivirus program. Malwarebytes is designed to complement your antivirus program and should be installed along side your antivirus program as a wing man.

Second, Yes the Premium version of Malwarebytes will also protect you in real time against known malwares and together with its web blocker technology will greatly reduce your chances of getting infected with Malware.

Malwarebytes is well worth it if you ask me...