MBAM Free not starting up at Windows boot

Hello!

I changed from Panda Cloud Antivir to test out Malwarebytes. I am running 2.0.2.1012 Free version. The antivir doesn't start when I boot my machine, and hasn't made a startup event in msconfig. Is this normal behavior of the Free version or is there a problem?

Hi:

MBAM Free does not provide real-time protection -- it is just a manual, on-demand scanner.

For real-time protection, you'll need the paid, Premium version.

But, yes, MBAM 2.0 does not rely on Registry "Run" keys to initiate components -- it runs as Windows services.

So, it is "normal" not to see MBAM (even the Premium, real-time version) listed in msconfig.

EDIT: ALSO, VERY IMPORTANT -- MBAM is NOT an anti-virus (AV) and is NOT a replacement for one Does Malwarebytes Anti-Malware replace antivirus software?

It is designed and intended to run alongside a robust AV (either free or paid), to provide complementary, layered protection.

EDIT 2: (Sorry, I am not yet fully caffeinated)  You might want to have a look at this pinned topic Msconfig Is Not A Startup Manager

Cheers,

Hi:

MBAM Free does not provide real-time protection -- it is just a manual, on-demand scanner.

But, yes, MBAM 2.0 does not rely on Registry run keys -- it runs as Windows services.

So, it is "normal" not to see MBAM (even the Premium, real-time version) listed in msconfig.

EDIT: ALSO, VERY IMPORTANT -- MBAM is NOT an anti-virus (AV) and is NOT a replacement for one Does Malwarebytes Anti-Malware replace antivirus software?

It is designed and intended to run alongside a robust AV (either free or paid), to provide complementary, layered protection.

EDIT 2: (Sorry, I am not yet fully caffeinated)  You might want to have a look at this pinned topic Msconfig Is Not A Startup Manager

Cheers,

Ah, my bad, haven't come across Malwarebytes so this was news for me. Thanks for the heads-up anyways!