Every time I click onto another webpage. It also warns that I am connecting to a secure internet connection as well. It gives me the option to not be warned next time. I just don't know what makes a webpage a secure or unsecure connection. MS advises to just block all the webpages that have the unsecure connection warnings, but I could be blocking webpages until eternity.

Absolutely normal. I had the same "issue" on my old XP machine and I had to live with that...

51a5ce45263de-delfix.png Clean with DelFix

Please download DelFix by Xplode and save it to your desktop.

• Right-click on 51a5ce45263de-delfix.png icon and select RunAsAdmin.jpg Run as Administrator to start the tool.
  • Ensure that Remove disinfection tools, Purge system restore and Reset system settings are checked.
  • Push Run.
  • When finished, it will display a notepad report.

Include it for my review.
Please also manually reboot your machine after posting your logfile.

Oh yeah, my sound is missing also. I haven't been able to listen to anything.

# DelFix v10.8 - Logfile created 25/09/2014 at 00:31:29

# Updated 29/07/2014 by Xplode

# Username : Sheldon - R-NBRT-WESH4147

# Operating System : Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 3 (32 bits)

~ Removing disinfection tools ...

Deleted : C:\Qoobox

Deleted : C:\FRST

Deleted : C:\Documents and Settings\Sheldon\Desktop\FRST-OlderVersion

Deleted : C:\avenger.txt

Deleted : C:\ComboFix.txt

Deleted : C:\Documents and Settings\Sheldon\Desktop\ComboFix.exe

Deleted : C:\Documents and Settings\Sheldon\Desktop\SecurityCheck.exe

Deleted : C:\Documents and Settings\Sheldon\My Documents\Downloads\ComboFix.exe

Deleted : C:\Documents and Settings\Sheldon\My Documents\Downloads\SafeBootKeyRepair.exe

Deleted : C:\WINDOWS\grep.exe

Deleted : C:\WINDOWS\PEV.exe

Deleted : C:\WINDOWS\NIRCMD.exe

Deleted : C:\WINDOWS\MBR.exe

Deleted : C:\WINDOWS\SED.exe

Deleted : C:\WINDOWS\SWREG.exe

Deleted : C:\WINDOWS\SWSC.exe

Deleted : C:\WINDOWS\SWXCACLS.exe

Deleted : C:\WINDOWS\Zip.exe

Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Swearware

Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\combofix.exe

~ Cleaning system restore ...

Deleted : RP #282 [ComboFix created restore point | 08/29/2014 10:59:55]

Deleted : RP #283 [Checkpoint by HitmanPro | 09/09/2014 18:21:01]

Deleted : RP #284 [software Distribution Service 3.0 | 09/22/2014 19:09:58]

New restore point created !

~ Resetting system settings ... OK

########## - EOF - ##########

I don't see in your logfiles anything that may be related to the sound. Maybe ask about it at some hardware forum?

Below you will find my thoughts about securing your machine. Go ahead through it, you will benefit from some useful advice about safe computing.

Recommended reading:

icon_exclaim.gif MUST READ - security tips: Computer Security - a short guide to staying safer online.
icon_exclaim.gif MUST READ - general maintenance: What to do if your Computer is running slowly?

Recommended additional software:

icon_arrow.gif TFC - to clean unneeded temporary files.
icon_arrow.gif Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware - to scan your system from time to time in search for malware.
icon_arrow.gif Malwarebytes' Anti-Exploit - to prevent plenty of mostly exploited vulnerabilities.
icon_arrow.gif McShield - to prevent infections spread by removable media.
icon_arrow.gif CryptoPrevent - to secure yourself from very severe CryptoLocker infection.
icon_arrow.gif Unchecky - to prevent from installing additional foistware, implemented in legitimate installations.

My help is always free, but if you are happy with the help provided and wish to help my fight against malware, please consider making a donation.
All donations are to refund a new HDD to replace the old one, which recently passed away!
btn_donate_SM.gif

Now if you have any other questions, feel free to ask me. Otherwise simply acknowledge my recommendations and this topic will be closed.

Minion-Bye-smaller.jpg

Stay safe,
Naat :)

• Root Admin

Glad we could help. :)

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!