Is MBAM + MSE enough?

When I asked if MBAM Pro is enough on its own I was told that it wasn't and should only be a complement to an AV

But my problem is I have tried every single AV out there and each one has its quircks.

So would MSE + MBAM be a good enough solution?

Mind you I also use Pale Moon + Adblock Plus + Disconnect + LastPass and I don't have a cracks on my computer all the software I have is purchased and licenses legally.

I want to have a light solution that is good enough but won't give me problems

NOD32 = Very heavy since v7 and it has problems that corrupt my Outlook 2010 or 2013 profile that I wouldn't be able to send emails anymore they will just sit there in the Outbox. Only happens when I install NOD32

Bitdefender AV = Very light but has too many FPs for my liking

Kaspersky AV = Does not work well well with Nero Platinum Suite unless I disable it and has many bugs as seeon on their forums

Emsisoft Anti-Malware = The king of false positives, comes in the way ineverything I do! Its behavioral blocker even detects SVP (Smooth Video Project) as a virus

Webroot AV = any AV that doesn't allow the user to exclude certain folders is a big NO in my books. Add to that horrible protection and very high number of false positives, this is one useless AV

Norton AV = Has a well known issue of having two taskbar icons in the taskbar that hasn't been resolved and won't be resolved since symantec say this is just a cosmetic bug and doesn't affect the functionality of your AV! well no thank you i'm not paying for a buggy piece of software (got my refund)

I don't wanna bore ou any longer but you see I would rather get infected by a virus than install any of the above AVs as they come in my way, slow down my system, give me headaches when I am a safe user! Imagine how much those people who actually use cracks and such would suffer!

We can't officially say anything for or against any anti-virus vendors, because that has legal implications.  MBAM Pro is a complement to AV software.  AV targets different threats than MBAM does.  MBAM goes after the newer and newest threats, because someone who is trying to get to you is not going to use something that defenses have been built for by a number of vendors.  We supplement that with Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit (MBAE).  MBAM goes after the "what" and MBAE goes after the "how", which provides a more complete defense.  No matter "what" it is, it still has to use certain methods.  We'll get them coming or going.  Put your money where the action is, and you're probably better off.

I understand I'm not asking to comment on the above mentioned AVs

I am simply asking if MBAM + Windows Defender is enough for my usage habits that I have explained to you and my current setup

What would you do? Would you run MSE + MBAM Pro or would you choose another AV?

I have used Emsisoft for several months now, no false positives at all. Actually I've found it  to be one of the most quiet AV's going, no popups, no ads, no bloat, super quiet and efficient in my opinion. Also one of the few AV's who do not leak your private data. I can't say why you say it comes in the way of everything, in my experience and in most forums I read it seems to be the exact opposite of what you are saying.

I have used Emsisoft for several months now, no false positives at all. Actually I've found it  to be one of the most quiet AV's going, no popups, no ads, no bloat, super quiet and efficient in my opinion. Also one of the few AV's who do not leak your private data. I can't say why you say it comes in the way of everything, in my experience and in most forums I read it seems to be the exact opposite of what you are saying.

Iniitially it was ok for me to report an FP because they respond quickly and whitelist the file. Then it started irritiating me, stuff like my VPN (Private Internet Access) which no other AV has reported is being flaved as a virus, finem they whitelist it, next comes SVP (smooth video project) since it injects itself into the media player to give you 60 FPS playback, the behavioral blocker detects it as a virus. They whitelist it, but then every other update which happen automatically btw, and the file gets flagged again......

then I was really annoyed... the AV was getting in my way more than protecting me which totally defeats the point of having an AV. I am a safe user I just keep an AV for those bad days, but if an AV is gonna become a nuisance then no thank you.

Have you read this: http://support.emsisoft.com/forum/58-false-positives/

it's horrific the amount of FPs they have

and here are the FPs reported by me! even 3DMark for the love of the lord is a virus.....

Private Internet Access FP

3DMark FP (downloaded from my Steam Account)

RWEverything FP (a tool to look at BIOS parameters)

Free Skype Video Recorder FP

Alienware Merciless TactX Mouse Driver FP

Revo Uninstaller PRO FP

Nero Recode 2014 FP

SVP FP

Emsisoft is not an antivirus! IT IS A VIRUS! that's what a virus does! come in your way in almost everything you do!

Emsisoft is not an antivirus! IT IS A VIRUS! that's what a virus does! come in your way in almost everything you do!

Too phunny.... No !

First off the definition of a virus is self replication and autonomous spreading.  Since Emsisoft does not self replicate and it does not spread all on its own, it CAN NOT be a virus.

Too phunny.... No !

First off the definition of a virus is self replication and autonomous spreading.  Since Emsisoft does not self replicate and it does not spread all on its own, it CAN NOT be a virus.

Well I didn't mean that literally bro :D

what I meant, is it comes in my way and my daily workflow. Never had a virus in my life. but to me, Emsisoft is a virus :)

The correct better expression would be something to the effect of...

"The level of False Positive declarations in Emsisoft is unacceptable and the side effects can often be as bad as the actions of malware".

perfect! that's what I meant. thanks man