Is MBAM Pro on its own enough?

I have Norton AV installed as its given me the least performance loss of the ones I tried like Kaspersky, NOD32, Bitdefedner

My problems are:

Norton AV = On Windows 8.1 it has an annoying bug that would make you get two of the same taskbar icon, looks very ugly but no other quirks

Kaspersky AV = 2014 and 2015 each have their own bugs, I wouldn't ever install Kaspersky again even though I have a 3 year license

Bitdefender AV = that should be called Bitdefender Virus not Antivirus, it's very buggy

NOD32 = The once lightest AV is now the heaviest! the moment I have it installed I feel like I downgraded my PC

Webroot = The king of False Positives, almost everything I run Webroot pops up in my way telling me it's a virus. Mind you I use no cracks and all my software are legit

Emsisoft = Runner up king of false positives

So I am really annoyed now, out of the above, Norton is the best *for me* but I was thinking, since I have a license for MBAM Pro, can I get rid of the AV altogether and just rely on MBAM?

I don't want to use Windows Defender because on Windows 8 every signature update is done through Windows update rather than doing it on the fly like normal AVs do so it does get tedious

Here are my system specs:

ALIENWARE 18 Laptop
CPU: Intel Core i7-4800MQ CPU @ 2.70GHz (6MB Cache, up to 3.70 GHz w/ Turbo Boost)
GPU: Dual GeForce GTX 770M SLI 6 GB GDDR5 RAM + Intel HD Graphics 4600
Sound: Realtek ALC668 HD Audio
Memory: 32 GB Kingston HyperX 1866 MHz DDR3 PC3-14900 RAM
Storage: Samsung 850 PRO 512GB SSD + Samsung 840 EVO 1TB SSD + Samsung 840 EVO 1TB mSATA SSD
Screen: Dell 18.4" WLED FHD (1920 X 1080) TrueLife Display IPS 16:9 1080p [sDC4C48]
LAN: Killer e2200 Gigabit Ethernet
WLAN: Killer Wireless-N 1202

Hi:

Short answer:

NO, it is not enough. :)

Does Malwarebytes Anti-Malware replace antivirus software?

There is no one "best" AV for all computers and all users.

A search of this and other forums (e.g. here and here and here) will yield many, many topics and discussions on the subject.

Here are a few recommendations: List of well known antivirus products

Cheers,