DLL/OCX issues

Ariakis

Hoping someone can point me in the right direction here.  I am trying to install my 2014 fantasy football tool from FootballGuys.com called the DraftDominator.  I've used it every year for years until this year.  The developer said it's my laptop and isn't sure how to help me. It installs just fine on my wife's laptop which is an exact clone of mine.  I run Windows 7 Home Premium SP 1 64 bit.

First I get IPersistFile errors code 0x80070005 access is denied.

Second I get Unable to register the DLL/OCX:RegSvr32 for \system32\fpSpr60.ocx.

Third I get the same as above but for Tab32x30.ocx.

I've tried everything I can think of ... and it installs correctly in safe mode with networking.

If I hit ignore for each error while running normal it installs but doesn't actually install unless I uninstall the previous and delete all related folders which I haven't had to do before.  The app is then partially functional except where it has to connect with a server for updates. In safe mode with networking both these both work.

Running as admin and other obvious stuff doesn't help.

I've run Malwarebytes and checked everything I can within Windows.

I really don't want to reinstall Windows ... nothing else seems wrong with any other software ... any advice?

• Root Admin

Almost certain it's probably registry permission issues in one or more keys in the registry.

Though this example is for our software and the keys it is looking to update the idea is the same and if the issue is similar you may be able to use it to adapt to your issue and resolve it by fixing the registry permissions.

Runtime error 0, 440, and 339 automation errors

Please give that a try and let us know how it goes