Vista Version

• Staff

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware is currently not fully 64-bit compatible on any operating system. This is displayed in our 'Key Features' section on the following page(we cannot control content on any websites but our own):

Support for Windows 2000, XP, and Vista (32-bit only).

http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php

The protection module component will not function properly, meaning there will be no 'live' protection against drive-by downloads, however the scheduled scanning and scheduled updating will as well as malware detection and removal will perform normally

64 bit development is into limited beta testing with certain members of our forums. We hope to release a version soon, perhaps within the next 2 weeks.

• 2 weeks later...
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware is currently not fully 64-bit compatible on any operating system. This is displayed in our 'Key Features' section on the following page(we cannot control content on any websites but our own):

Support for Windows 2000, XP, and Vista (32-bit only).

http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php

The protection module component will not function properly, meaning there will be no 'live' protection against drive-by downloads, however the scheduled scanning and scheduled updating will as well as malware detection and removal will perform normally

64 bit development is into limited beta testing with certain members of our forums. We hope to release a version soon, perhaps within the next 2 weeks.

Now that V1.37 has the 64 bit protection Modules, is there a different download or can I just just update through the program and enable protection for my 64 bit Vista Ultimate? Thanks.

You should be able to update through the program, but with a release of this magnitude (a lot of things were changed) I'd recommend uninstalling 1.36, navigating to C:\Windows\System32\Drivers and C:\Windows\Syswow64\Drivers and delete the following files if they're still there after installation:

• mbam.sys
  • mbamswissarmy.sys

Then reboot and download the program from the normal download links listed on the malwarebytes.org website and install it.

You should be able to update through the program, but with a release of this magnitude (a lot of things were changed) I'd recommend uninstalling 1.36, navigating to C:\Windows\System32\Drivers and C:\Windows\Syswow64\Drivers and delete the following files if they're still there after installation:
  • mbam.sys

• mbamswissarmy.sys

Then reboot and download the program from the normal download links listed on the malwarebytes.org website and install it.

Thanks, I will do that. I am running a scan now and have protection enabled. Can I use the reg id tht I got when I bought the program? ( The install through the program went very smoothly, but I will do as you say to be sure. Thanks. So there should not be mbam.sys and mbamswissarmy.sys in the is new V1.37, I never even looked to see if they were there in the first place. LOL. Thanks you have been very helpful.

Those files should exist, but they need to be replaced by the new version and uninstalling the program (at least on my system) doesn't remove the old ones so it's a good idea to make sure they're gone before you install the new version. And yes, your reg id and key will work just fine with the new version ;) .

Those files should exist, but they need to be replaced by the new version and uninstalling the program (at least on my system) doesn't remove the old ones so it's a good idea to make sure they're gone before you install the new version. And yes, your reg id and key will work just fine with the new version ;) .

Thanks for your comprehensive answer, I did as you said and yes those file still exist, even after deleting them and reinstalling. But I deleted the old ones and checked my " Services" and mbam is listed as running " Automatic". Thanks again.

Good, glad to be of service, just to make sure we're clear though, you did leave the new versions of those files in place after installing 1.37 correct? If not, you'll need to reinstall it.

Yes but this is very strange, the mbamswissarmy.sys is there in the C:\Windows\Syswow64\Drivers but the mbam.sys is not. This is after entering my reg id and everything, also Kaspersky warned me about the install. Yes I got the download from the site. mbam is running in the sevices and it seems to be fine, but that mbam.sys is not where it was now.

Yes but this is very strange, the mbamswissarmy.sys is there in the C:\Windows\Syswow64\Drivers but the mbam.sys is not. This is after entering my reg id and everything, also Kaspersky warned me about the install. Yes I got the download from the site. mbam is running in the sevices and it seems to be fine, but that mbam.sys is not where it was now.

The mbam.sys is in the Window System 32 driver files now. Very strange.

No worries, that's how it's supposed to be, it's one of the changes made in the new version, and also the primary reason I wanted to make sure you had removed the old ones before installing the new build.

Hey thanks, you are really helpful here, I am now even happier I bough this software with this great support. ;)