The terms “Threat” and “Hyper” are unclear to me.

Hello and :welcome: :

Thanks for your feedback.

Only the product development team can provide an "official" reply, but I wouldn't get my hopes up, if I were you.

There was rather vigorous debate about the new scan names many months ago, during the long beta testing period.

Several of us were not ecstatic about the new names.

But I'm pretty sure that there won't be any changes now.

Here is an explanation:

The different types of scans were renamed in version 2, and it has caused a bit of confusion.

"Flash" is now "Hyper"
"Quick" is now "Threat"
"Full" is now "Custom"

Hyper scan is available only to paid, PREMIUM users and is not routinely needed or recommended -- if anything is found, a subsequent Threat scan will be needed anyway.
THREAT scan is the most important and most useful scan -- it is the one that ought be run on a regular basis (daily is the default setting now in 2.0).
Custom depends on what drives, folders and files are selected -- routine use of a "full" system scan is neither necessary nor recommended, as it's a task better suited to your antivirus.

ALSO, for additional information:
There is an FAQ Section here: Common Questions, Issues, and their Solutions
And here are links to the MBAM 2.0 User Guide: Online and PDF
And there are many useful KB topics and videos at the helpdesk support page

Again, thanks for your feedback!

P.S. As your post seems to relate to Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (MBAM), not Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit (MBAE), the mod team will likely move this thread >>here<<.  No worries. :)