Cannot close Malware Bytes V2 in XP

I've searched the internet a few times but it seems i'm the omly person this is happening to. I've had this problem ever since V2 (free). At the end of a scan, i can sometimes right-click on the taskbar icon and get the exit option, although it takes around 30 secs to shut down (ssd hard drive) but if i restore the gui to look at the results of a scan i cannot close/exit the program afterwards. I have to use task manager. It also often takes an age to start, freezes any open applications while it does so and generally crashes quite regularly. After years of hassle-free service using the excellent (free) Version 1, it's truly disappointing.

Hello and :welcome: :

It's hard to say what's going on without a bit more information.

Let's start with some routine troubleshooting:

• Please follow the steps in this pinned topic to uninstall your current version of MBAM and reinstall the latest build - MBAM Clean Removal Process 2x
  • If that does not correct the issue, then please read the following and post back attached to your next reply the 3 requested logs - Diagnostic Logs (the 3 logs are: FRST.txt, Addition.txt and CheckResults.txt)
  • NOTE: There is an FAQ section with valuable information located here - Common Questions, Issues, and their Solutions

Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Hello daledoc1 - thanks for the welcome and the reply. I should have mentioned, i've already completed step 1 and it didn't cure the problem. As regards step 2, do you want me to run these diagnostics at any particular time - eg right after a scan, on start up - or at any time?

Hello and Welcome to Malwarebytes

Your logs indicate that your probably infected, feel free to follow the instructions below to receive free, one-on-one expert assistance in checking your system and clearing out any infections and correcting any damage done by the malware.

Please see the following pinned topic which has information on how to get help with this: Available Assistance for Possibly Infected Computers

Also, just so your aware about programs by IOBIT....

The company behind this product was found to be stealing Malwarebytes database.

Personally I would not trust installing any software from a company that resorts to stealing someone's technology to sell their product.

Please see the following links and make up your own mind if you want to keep this on your system. If needed we can help you remove it.

Thank you