add "recommended/default settings" button for Automated Scheduling settings tab

alcoe

Subject says it all.

I recently updated to premium and when I reviewed the default automated schedules there were 2 scheduled processes. 1, a threat scan and the 2nd an update. I wondered why in the world the software needed to check for updates hourly when a scan is only scheduled for once a day. I deleted the update scheduled process only to realize my mistake several minutes later.

Save us newbs the headache and please add in this simple feature.

Hi:

Welcome. :)

Thanks for your feedback and suggestions.

The primary mode of PROTECTION for your computer is MBAM's "real-time" protection, targeted to zero-hour and zero-day threats often missed by a standard anti-virus. It is designed to PREVENT infections from getting onto your computer.
So, since the database is typically updated 10-12 times per day, the default setting for update checks is HOURLY, in order to stay abreast of changing malware variants added to the database.

Those scheduled update checks will be randomized +/- 15 minutes of the scheduled time.

The daily SCAN is really just an "insurance" layer to scan for and remove any malware that might have already slipped past MBAM and your AV.
Under normal conditions, a daily Threat scan is sufficient for this, so it's the default setting.

NOTE: If you enable the setting to "check for updates before scanning" in the scheduler, then both the update check and the subsequent scan will both be randomized +/- 15 minutes of the scheduled time.  If you want your scan to run at the exact scheduled time, just disable this particular settings.

You can always EDIT, ADD or REMOVE tasks from the scheduler.
Please let us know if you need help with that.

ALSO, for additional information:
There is an FAQ Section here: Common Questions, Issues, and their Solutions
And here are links to the MBAM 2.0 User Guide: Online and PDF
And there are many useful KB topics and videos at the helpdesk support page

Again -- thanks for your suggestions. 

We'll need to wait for the staff/dev team to respond with an official reply about adding that as a feature. :)

Thanks,

" I wondered why in the world the software needed to check for updates hourly when a scan is only scheduled for once a day."

Protection module (In PRO version) work full time and also need those signature updates