Private Internet Access - Outbound Traffic warning

Hey ,

New here and I'm sure this has been brought up before however when I did a search there was a ton of results so .. Private Internet Access VPN for those of you that have that service Malwarebytes keeps warning me about outbound traffic to the 93.115.x.x IP range . It appears that based on some of the comments in the forums this is somehow connected to PIA... Are they legit or in the shadows ??

Thank you

• Root Admin

This is a known issue with Private Internet Access and how they scripted their tool. Please search their support site for a possible workaround or try using another product that does not have this issue. There are many VPN solutions out on the Web and this is the only one I'm aware of from posts that has this issue.

Hmmm....please do further testing on your end as well please. Asking folks to use alternate VPN's is not exactly a solution when they have paid a subscription and paid for your product.

I personally use PIA, and with the latest version of Malware Premium and PIA latest version on updated Windows 8.1 on Lenovo machine (separate from the other HP) the only time I get the notification error is when there is no internet connection.

• Root Admin

It is not a testing issue. We already know the problem. They create a temporary file that is random and not signed and why it gets flagged. Again if you search their site you should find what appears to be a good workaround for their coding issue. I don't use it as there are way too many better programs out there but again someone did write a program that appears to prevent this issue. Please check out their support site and I'm sure you'll find it.

Thank you again