Cryptowall Ransomware

SoporteIV

Hello.

I have my Antivirus premium PANDA + Malwarebytes Premium + Malwarebytes ANTI-EXPLOIT Premium.

Here is my question. ¿I'm protected against this trojan? i ask this because i have a user with this trojan in my company and already i don't know who are. (my servers are with all this protections)

What more can i do for are full protected against ransomware? (sorry my english is not good)

Hi all,

I use CryptoPrevent too. There is both a free and paid version.

http://www.foolishit.com/vb6-projects/cryptoprevent/

http://foolishtech.com/viewforum.php?f=34&sid=6472858466635df5663ef1d1802a93fd

The top link is for the download, the second is for the CryptoPrevent forum.

Sorry Wilpower: I hope you don't think I'm stepping on your toes.

• Staff

Yes you can.

However if you are using Panda Cloud Antivirus and you installed the toolbar, it includes a URL filtering component which is not compatible with Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit. Simply uninstall it from Control Panel. I believe it is called "Panda URL Filtering" or "Panda Web Filtering".

Yes you can.

However if you are using Panda Cloud Antivirus and you installed the toolbar, it includes a URL filtering component which is not compatible with Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit. Simply uninstall it from Control Panel. I believe it is called "Panda URL Filtering" or "Panda Web Filtering".

Ok, thanks, i'm not using the toolbar

I've had some problems with CryptoPrevent (paid).  It had blocked vssadmin used for backups even when that exe has been unchecked in the CP window.  I think it works OK for now, but as they keep adding bells and whistles I think there are going to be more problems ahead.

You should be OK as I've read MBAE does protect.

I also use a program called "CryptoPrevent" which specifically targets Crypto Wall variants. :)

I also use CP.  A nice little program.  Stay away from 'Advanced Options" unless you are a super advanced Windows computer user.  However, using just the defaults works fine.