MAMB infected/ targeted by virus

post-144973-0-07708400-1407339458_thumb.

As you can see my Malwarebytes is acting up. I believe this is due to some sort of virus. The Fix Now>> button does not work. I cannot update the database and it will not allow "Real-Time Protection."

It was working fine last night. This morning I go to turn on the PC and after entering my password I was taken to a black screen w/ only mouse visible for 20 minutes before I manually restarted PC. 

Looking for help

Hello and :welcome:

A couple of easy things to check:

>> 1. First, please be sure your system date/time are correct.

>> 2. Then, please be sure that your AV and firewall both give MBAM full permissions. It's possible that your AV or firewall might be treating the new build as a new program and may be blocking it -- the files that need to be excluded can be found =>HERE<=. Please post back if you need help with that.

>> 3. Also, please check to be sure there are no "Detected Threats" that need to be dealt with first, as this can prevent the program from updating: Click the "Scan" button at the top of the dashboard and verify that there are no detected threats (especially PUPs or PUMs) awaiting your actions.

***NOTE: If your last scan was with database update 2104.07.26.09 and you have detected items that need attention (especially windows files) do not Quarantine those files - there was a bug with that update.

If those suggestions don't resolve your issue:

• Please follow the steps in this pinned topic to uninstall your current version of MBAM and reinstall the latest build - MBAM Clean Removal Process 2x
  • If that does not correct the issue, then please read the following and post back attached to your next reply the 3 requested logs - Diagnostic Logs (the 3 logs are: FRST.txt, Addition.txt and CheckResults.txt)
  • NOTE: There is an FAQ section with valuable information located here - Common Questions, Issues, and their Solutions
Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

1. Time was off by 50 seconds > Fixed now.

2. I am using windows firewall but i don't see Malwarebytes in either the inbound or outbound logs. Not really to competent with this I need some direction. (I am guessing I need to create a new rule). 

3. No detected threats, however my quarantine is now empty... it had at least 12 entries previously. 

post-144973-0-76981700-1407342294_thumb.

This is before the clean re-install.

I was not able to locate MBAM on windows firewall...

Should I do these 2 steps now..

• Please follow the steps in this pinned topic to uninstall your current version of MBAM and reinstall the latest build - MBAM Clean Removal Process 2x
  • If that does not correct the issue, then please read the following and post back attached to your next reply the 3 requested logs - Diagnostic Logs (the 3 logs are: FRST.txt, Addition.txt and CheckResults.txt)