Dancger

wildcard for web exclusion

Hey guys  ^_^

I'm missing a feature. It would be great if there was a way to release all subdomains of a web page from the web exclusion.

Its very laborious to exlude one after one.  :unsure:

Example:
*.google.com -> all subdomains from google allowed

Maybe its more usefull, if there is a possibility to add some patterns like:
dynamic_nr[*]test.google.com -> all subdomains from google allowed, which fits in the pattern dynamic_nr[*]test (ex: dynamic_nr_asdasdasd_test).

Thanks for the attention (and of course the awesome tool)  :D

Peace, Dancger

There should be no reason to exclude large swaths of domains or sites. If you're doing that or have a need then you visit some pretty nasty dangerous sites. We don't block major sites as they're not a threat. Yes we do block some sites due to the IP block versus the Domain block but even those it would be rare for the average user to need to exclude more than one or two sites on that domain. I won't say we'll never implement such a feature but I'm not aware of it being on the drawing board as that would pretty much open a hole in feature by users that didn't know what they were doing.

Posted (edited)
On ‎8‎/‎5‎/‎2014 at 1:09 AM, AdvancedSetup said:

There should be no reason to exclude large swaths of domains or sites. If you're doing that or have a need then you visit some pretty nasty dangerous sites. We don't block major sites as they're not a threat. Yes we do block some sites due to the IP block versus the Domain block but even those it would be rare for the average user to need to exclude more than one or two sites on that domain. I won't say we'll never implement such a feature but I'm not aware of it being on the drawing board as that would pretty much open a hole in feature by users that didn't know what they were doing.

Is playerauctions.com a nasty website? I'm trying to log in and getting forced to add so many exclusions. Why are 104.25.7.32 and 23.96.103.159 and 52.170.46.174 "Nasty"??

Edited by youxiao205

You can often search the hpHosts database to find information about many of the domains and IPs blocked by Malwarebytes, however do keep in mind that not everything that Malwarebytes blocks is listed there and vise versa because the purpose of hpHosts is not exactly the same as the Web Protection component in Malwarebytes, though Steven Burn, author and primary maintainer of hpHosts is our lead Research team member for the Web Protection databases in Malwarebytes.

If hpHosts doesn't provide sufficient info on those IP addresses then you should be able to find out by reading the information here as well as here and then creating a new thread with the appropriate info about the site(s) in question in the Website Blocking False Positives area by clicking here and a member of Research should respond to you when they get a chance, and if it is a false positive or the malicious content etc. has since been removed, they'll remove the IPs from the block database for the next update.