Scheduled Updates

I have MBAW setup with the default scheduled update daily.

And every day i get a message that the database is out of date and i have to tell it to update the database manually.

Is there not a way to make it update automaticlly by itself.

Do i need to delete the default check for update sechedule and then creat a new update schedule?

I see in the check for update task settings there is a check box for notify on sucsess so it seem it should auto update and not make me tell it update manually.

Hi:

For MBAM 2, the default setting for update checks is actually HOURLY (to keep up with the 10-12 (or more) database updates released every day).
Scheduled threat scans are set to DAILY, by default.

The computer does need to be powered on for the update checks to occur.
And, the scheduled update checks are randomized to +/- 15 minutes of the scheduled time.
And, there may or may not be a new database available every time it checks -- in fact, there won't be a new one EVERY hour.

You can check to see if the update checks are running as scheduled: Dashboard > History > Application Logs > Protection Log.

A couple of easy things to check:
>>First, please be sure your system date/time are correct.
>>Then, please be sure that your AV and firewall both give MBAM full permissions. It's possible that your AV or firewall might be treating the new build as a new program and may be blocking it -- the files that need to be excluded can be found HERE (just the 1 reply, not the entire thread). Please post back if you need help with that.
>>Also, please check to be sure there are no "Detected Threats" that need to be dealt with first, as this can prevent the program from updating: Click the "Scan" button at the top of the dashboard and verify that there are no detected threats (especially PUPs or PUMs) awaiting your actions.
>>Finally, you might want to start with the advice in this pinned topic >>HERE<< -- we don't have enough info about your system yet to know if it will work for you (but it won't hurt).

If those suggestions don't resolve your issue:

• Please follow the steps in this pinned topic to uninstall your current version of MBAM and reinstall the latest build - MBAM Clean Removal Process 2x
  • If that does not correct the issue, then please read the following and post back attached to your next reply the 3 requested logs - Diagnostic Logs (the 3 logs are: FRST.txt, Addition.txt and CheckResults.txt)
  • NOTE: There is an FAQ section with valuable information located here - Common Questions, Issues, and their Solutions

Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Yes, MBAM Premium  (or Trial) should auto-update "by itself" and silently, similar to most standard anti-virus (AV) programs, if it is properly configured to do so, and if the computer is powered on.

MBAM Free does not, as it is only a manual, on-demand scanner.  The user must manually "check for updates" before each scan.

So, if that's not happening, there could be a number of possible reasons.

The troubleshooting begins with the steps outlined in my earlier reply.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

I see the update was manual

See attached 1

Here it seems it should auto update and notify me after successfull update.

See attached 2

But i get a pop up notification that the database is out of date with an update now button. if i click the update now button it updates. So for some reason it requires me to click update now to update the databases.

post-118501-0-72972000-1406948279_thumb.

post-118501-0-15759200-1406948280_thumb.

Hi:

Your screen shot shows that you have edited the scheduler to check for updates only once a day, rather than the recommended default setting of hourly.

It also shows that you have performed a few MANUAL update checks.

The scheduled, automatic update checks will be logged in the day's protection log.

Let's do this, in order to better help us to help you:

1) Please read the following and post back attached to your next reply the 3 requested logs - Diagnostic Logs (the 3 logs are: FRST.txt, Addition.txt and CheckResults.txt)

2) And, if possible:  Please open the dashboard > history > application logs and then double-click on today's PROTECTION log to open it > click the "Export" button >  "Export to txt file" > save the file to your desktop > attach it to your next reply.

Thanks,

Ok maybe this is what give me the pop up that the database is out of sync. I guess it is because i change the scheduled update to to daily and it is out of sync with this check.

I will set the scheduled updates for hourly again and that should correct things.

Thanks for the help.

post-118501-0-81387000-1406948954_thumb.

Hi:

Yes, I had a feeling that would be the case. ;)

The logs would have provided the information to confirm that. :)

I'm glad it's working for you now.
If you ever run into issues, feel free to post back.

ALSO, for additional information:
There is an FAQ Section here: Common Questions, Issues, and their Solutions
And here are links to the MBAM 2.0 User Guide: Online and PDF
And there are many useful KB topics and videos at the helpdesk support page

Thanks,