MBAM CLEAN possibly not needed

Dimitr, I have seen this same problem on a number of systems.  I have found that the following solution always resolves the problem and it only takes about 3 minutes

The exact sequenc of events will depend on which version of Windows you are using.  But in general terms what you need to do is the following:-

1. Login as the Administrator

2. Go to the Folder where Malwarebytes is installed

3. Run the Uninstaller - unins000.exe

4. Follow the onscreen prompts

5. Restart

6. Login as the Administrator

7. Reinstall Malwarebytes by running the Setup file  -  mbam-setup-2.0.2.1012   (the digital signature date of the latest version of this file is May 25, 2014)

8. Restart

9. Login as normal

The benefit of using unins000.exe (rather than a "Clean" install) is that you won't lose any of your settings, excluded websites or files, quarantine, or your License information.  unins000.exe only removes the program and Registry Keys, all the data files are retained, therefore a reinstall takes only a few seconds.

T.

• Root Admin

@Tabvia

That is not the intent of a clean removal. The issue is that often the installer is the problem and the computer has a mixed content of files or settings that your method will ignore. May or may not work for some but the clean removal works for all when that is the cause. However rarely is the issue of the protection modules not loading due to a bad install it almost always due to some type of minor PUP junk on the system and or the system needing a bit of maintenance done.

Ron Lewis wrote :  ......that is not the intent of a clean removal......

I am not advocating a "clean" removal - in fact the very opposite.  I am suggesting that running unins000.exe is often a quick and easy way to fix simple MBAM "issues".

In practice I have found that this simple procedure works.  In fact, on different systems with different OS's, different AV producs and different setups, a quick uninstall / reinstall using unins000.exe has fixed every single issue on every system, every time.

But perhaps I have misunderstood your post.  If I have then perhaps you could explain what you mean.

TiA

T.

• Root Admin

I know you're not advocating the use of the MBAM clean removal and I'm saying that your method "might" work for some but will probably fail for most and why the clean removal exists in the first place. Your call that you've done this on many others would seem to indicate you have terrible luck as I've never personally needed to use it on well over a thousand personal installations doing tests and installs for users. It does happen but to need it on more than one user and in fact multiple times just does not make sense to me. If it's working for you and you actually need it then I'm glad your method works but seems I'd probably start looking at what's wrong on your system that would cause you to need to use the tool in the first place especially if you need it more than once.