Not seeing automatic updates under NEW UI

Hello MBAM,

I just re-downloaded MBAM PRO, and see the new user interface.  It looks great, but I am not seeing any functions for automatic updates of the database.  Automatic reminders to update are there, but I'm looking for MBAM just to update itself without having to get my permission each time.

Am I missing something, or is the function itself missing from the program?

Thanks

Hi:

Yes, the new UI takes a bit of getting used to.

Hourly update-checks and a daily threat scan are already configured by default.
See attached screen shot for steps to edit those tasks, if you wish.

Also, clean, scheduled scans and update checks will run silently (that is new for version 2).

Please let us know if you need more help.

ALSO, for additional information:
There is an FAQ Section here: Common Questions, Issues, and their Solutions
And here are links to the MBAM 2.0 User Guide: Online and PDF
And there are many useful KB topics and videos at the helpdesk support page

Thanks!

post-29793-0-57910700-1406073196_thumb.j

Right it says "check for updates" but does it actually automatically update, or does it only remind me to manually download and apply the update?  That was my question ... I've already been through what you just explained.

There's something else ... I get a small pop-up window in the lower right hand corner of the screen telling me that there is an update available.

When I open the UI, There is a large FIX NOW green button that does absolutely nothing when I click it.

http://i.imgur.com/AU0vWuY.png

http://i.imgur.com/ZWEYug4.png

There's two screenshots.  I cannot update MBAM, as you see, the Update Now link is greyed out.  Like I said above, the Fix Now button does nothing.

On the other screenshot, that small pop-up window in the lower right, also does nothing.  I turned off notifications, and it still pops up.

I'd appreciate it if you could please tell me if these are known problems? 

Hello and :welcome:

A couple of easy things to check:

>> First, please be sure your system date/time are correct.

>> Then, please be sure that your AV and firewall both give MBAM full permissions. It's possible that your AV or firewall might be treating the new build as a new program and may be blocking it -- the files that need to be excluded can be found =>HERE<=. Please post
back if you need help with that.

I suspect this is your issue: >> Also, please check to be sure there are no "Detected Threats" that need to be dealt with first, as this can prevent the program from updating: Click the "Scan" button at the top of the dashboard and verify that there are no detected threats (especially PUPs or PUMs) awaiting your actions.

If those suggestions don't resolve your issue:

• Please follow the steps in this pinned topic to uninstall your current version of MBAM and reinstall the latest build - MBAM Clean Removal Process 2x
  • If that does not correct the issue, then please read the following and post back attached to your next reply the 3 requested logs - Diagnostic Logs (the 3 logs are: FRST.txt, Addition.txt and CheckResults.txt)
  • NOTE: There is an FAQ section with valuable information located here - Common Questions, Issues, and their Solutions

Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

No that is not part of the install, and normally the windows firewall does not affect it.  Everyone's computer is different and that's why we try to help each person in their own topic and review their logs individually to help them one on one.

That being said, I am glad its working for you now.

Thanks, @Firefox, for helping out while I was checking my lids for light leaks. :)

@zanthal:
If everything is now working correctly, we don't need to see logs.
However, if you have any other concerns or problems with the program, then please feel free to attach a set of 3 logs here to your next reply.

ALSO, for additional information:
There is an FAQ Section here: Common Questions, Issues, and their Solutions
And here are links to the MBAM 2.0 User Guide: Online and PDF
And there are many useful KB topics and videos at the helpdesk support page

Thank you,