Cannot update full version

I use paid version of MalwareBytes on many of my customers systems and I love the product. I think it's very effective, but in the last 2 weeks or so I started having a problem on quite few systems. A balloon pops up on the taskbar saying MalwareBytes is out of date. I click ok and it pops up again and again and never goes away. I open the program and the definitions are few days behind but the "update now" link is greyed out. Nothing happens when I click on "fix now".

one more note: On 2 machines, so far, I was able to update when I opened the program but not on the rest. On some systems, I had to uninstall and reinstall the program. I cannot do this on all the systems I look after.

This is becoming an issue first as a security risk; second because I've had about 10 calls from clients in the last few days alone.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hello and :welcome: :

As your post seems to suggest that you are a business/tech/repair shop/reseller, your MBAM Business or Tech license entitles you to free, one-on-one support from the Business Support Team >>here<<. :)

Also, failure to update can be caused by a wide range of problems (e.g. system configuration problems, hardware problems, firewall blocks, software conflicts, unresolved scan detections, corrupt program files, install from a Windows LUA, wrong system/date and time, even malware), so it's impossible to generalize across many different systems without a bit more information.

Having said that.........

A couple of easy things to check:
>>First, please be sure your system date/time are correct.

>>Also, please check to be sure there are no "Detected Threats" that need to be dealt with first, as this can prevent the program from updating: Click the "Scan" button at the top of the dashboard and verify that there are no detected threats (especially PUPs or PUMs) awaiting your actions.
>>Then, please be sure that your AV and firewall both give MBAM full permissions. It's possible that your AV or firewall might be treating the new build as a new program and may be blocking it -- the files that need to be excluded can be found HERE (just this 1 reply, not the entire thread). Please post back if you need help with that.

>>If the Update Now button is grayed out, then that could be the result of having installed MBAM from a Windows LUA.
>> Finally, you might want to start with the advice in this pinned topic >>HERE<< -- we don't have enough info about your system yet to know if it will work for you (but it won't hurt).

If those suggestions don't resolve your issue:

• Please follow the steps in this pinned topic to uninstall your current version of MBAM and reinstall the latest build - MBAM Clean Removal Process 2x
  • If that does not correct the issue, then please read the following and post back attached to your next reply the 3 requested logs - Diagnostic Logs (the 3 logs are: FRST.txt, Addition.txt and CheckResults.txt)
  • NOTE: There is an FAQ section with valuable information located here - Common Questions, Issues, and their Solutions

Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks,