Unable to move MB All Programs folder to another subfolder

Win Vista x64 Ult. - Trying to move MB All Programs folder to a subfolder within the User Start Menu - Program files. Message states I need permission to do this. I made sure that my user name is Sharing this partition but am unable to add my user name to the MB folder. This has got to be a user permissions issue but I haven't been able to solve it - I appreciate any feedback on this. Thanks

Once installed, it is contraindicated to move an application.

IFF you need software in an alternate location, it is best to uninstall the application and then reinstall the application choosing a "custom" installation  where you can indicate where you want that application to be installed.

NOTE:  I'll assume MB is not Milton Bradley.  The acronym for Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware is MBAM.

Hi:

Dave is right about trying to move THOSE files/folders. Bad idea.

However, just to qualify a wee bit: If MBAM Self-Protection (SP) module is enabled, it will prevent the user from doing other, routine tasks, such as renaming/moving/removing the desktop shortcut icon, performing a clean uninstall of MBAM or installing certain other Malwarebytes software products.

This is explained in the FAQ. ;)

Cheers,

Thanks David and Daeldoc1 - I unselected MBAM Self-Protection rebooted and was able to move the Shortcuts where I wanted them in another folder of Taskbar-All Programs. Since I don't use forums that much, I was unsure of the correct terminology but your comments got me on the right path. Thank you again for your help.