Mbam-chameleon.exe

Mbam-chameleon.pif

Mbam-chameleon.scr

Mbam-killer.exe

Rundll32.exe

Svchost.exe

Windows.exe

Winlogon.exe

Most of these sound like normal files, but why is there things like windows.exe and svchost.exe? Are these legit files? I heard chameleon is some sort of protection for important files but im not sure. So are all the above files legit?

Hello,

Its not that I want to use it, but are those legitmate files?

I read a similar thread and the person who answered said those files werw normal, but it was 2 years ago, and the person never said anything about a windows.exe.

Do you have the 15 files I mentioned in your malwarebytes instalation?

yes .... they are named so to fool malware that try to block security programs from starting up

And what is the windows.eze file? I dont seem to have it anywhere on my pc so what does chameleon need it for?

And my last question is, is this data-cdn.mbamupdates.com the real download link for mbam?

And what is the windows.eze file? I dont seem to have it anywhere on my pc so what does chameleon need it for?

And my last question is, is this data-cdn.mbamupdates.com the real download link for mbam?

Windows.exe file sorry (I have it in the chameleon folder, just not anywhere else)

Those files are all perfectly safe, they get installed with Malwarebytes and are there just in case, not because you will use them everyday.  If you happen to get infected by a new malware that is not currently being detected, and its blocking Malwarebytes from running, then that is when you would use these Chameleon files to launch Malwarebytes - update it - and perform a scan.