tritium

[SOLVED] MBAE with BitDefender conflict with Chrome

Is there a newer version than 1.03.1.1220? This is what I installed that created the issue. The old beta ver I had was fine.

OK here is something new still running version 1.04.1.1004 MBAE  and am now running Chrome Version 37.0.2062.58 beta-m (64-bit)  and not having any problems.

Thought i would let everyone know....

OK here is something new still running version 1.04.1.1004 MBAE  and am now running Chrome Version 37.0.2062.58 beta-m (64-bit)  and not having any problems.

Thought i would let everyone know....

Can you check if "Active Virus Control" is activated within BitDefender? I saw some posts in their forums that some users were having problems with it (this is the cause of the conflict with MBAE btw).

hi,

i've the same problem on windows 8.1 pro 64bit! (and Bitdefender IS 2014 v17.29.0.1235 and MBAE free v1.03.1.1220)

chrome (and opera new) just won't open any page if MBAE free is running (although Sleipnir 6 - which is another chromium based browser - is working fine!).

i've also tried the beta 1.0.4.1.1008 version, but still got the same problem.

anyway: how can i turn off MBAE shield for chrome?

Just to add more data points I have run into the same problem with Bitdefender Free and MBE. Disabling MBE will allow Chrome to operate again. Thankfully I was only testing Bitdefender and will remove it completely.

I do not need any additional support, this is just an FYI.

Windows Vista Home Premium SP2 64bit

MBE 1.03.1.1220

Bitdefender Anti-virus free 1.0.21.1099

Chrome  36.0.1985.143 m

Chrome Extensions

chromeIPass Version:
AdBlock Version 2.7.12

anyway: how can i turn off MBAE shield for chrome?

Welcome to the forum szipet. In MBAE Premium you can activate/deactivate the default shields, as well as add custom shields for other Internet-facing applications. If you don't have MBAE Premium you can deactivate Active Virus Control within BitDefender and that will temporarily solve the problem until we fix the conflict.

Thankfully I was only testing Bitdefender and will remove it completely.

I do not need any additional support, this is just an FYI.

Thanks for reporting TurboAAA and welcome to the forum!

I am running MAE Premium on a computer with Bitdefender 2015 Total Security.  When I purchased MAE a week or so ago, after reading this thread, I deactivated the Chrome shield after the MAE installation.  Chrome worked fine.  I decided today to reactivate the MAE Chrome shield to see what would happen, and Chrome is responding perfectly.  Not sure if it is just this computer's configuration, but so far, so good.

Just my experience, ... so far.  Have a great day.

Regards,

-Phil

Forgot to add that I am running Windows 7 x64 Professional.  Sorry about that.  I couldn't see an obvious way to edit my previous post.  Have a great day.

Regards,

-Phil

For those of you in this thread with the MBAE-BitDefender conflict under Windows 7, we'll have a new Experimental build soon that fixes the issue. Please keep an eye on this thread and I'll post when it becomes available.

Marking this thread as solved but not closing it until 1.05 is fully published.

If any of you who posted here want to test the fixed version please PM me.

Hey guys, i just recently started facing the EXACT same issue - Chrome wont load any pages, not even settings!! i dont have MBAE or bitdefender or Hitmanpro on my Windows 7 pro...just the basic windows security essentials! and i certainly dont rememember downloading anything else on my computer recently. i was finishing a project that night, and shut down the computer only to turn it on again. and since then chrome wont start. Please help!! Thanks

ps. and im certainly NOT a computer guy!!

Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting Anand.

If you don't have MBAE, BitDefender or Hitmanpro installed and you still have problems with Chrome then you are asking in the wrong forum. You should be asking in the Chrome forum.

But as a quick test, does your Internet Explorer open? Can you browse with it?

Also if you don't have it yet I do recommend that you install MBAE Free to protect your browsers from web-based exploit infections:

https://www.malwarebytes.org/antiexploit/