Need a bit more info on using MBAM program

I know I'm gonna get ridiculed for this but I don't want to make a big mistake running the program.

I ran the Quick Scan a bit ago & it showed 3 bad entries : Disabled. Security Center Registry Data.

But then it says "close all apps. before removal"...........herein lies my reason for posting..........I don't know what apps. to close. The only one I really have "open" is MBAM alto' there are several icons in the task bar. Am I supposed to close my AVG & ZoneAlarm? If so, I should go offline first, right? , then will MBAM still function?

I tried to find more detailed instructions before I posted this but couldn't find anything addressing my question, which is probably a stupid one. But just ask Jean, she's had to put up with my dumb questions :( at her site.

Thank you.

As long as there are no applications running that you have opened separately of your startup items, then you are fine. It wouldn't hurt to turn off AVG and ZoneAlarm while running the scan, but it is not required.