Hello candylovergirl

Assuming your are using version 2.x...

Not sure what your asking, if you are trying to simply move them so that you can then delete them you can delete all your logs by going to the History Tab => Application Logs => click on Delete All

Now if you want to change the location where your log files are saved, then go to Settings Tab => History Settings => and click on ... (three dots) to browse to the location where you want the log files saved.

Hope that helps...

• Staff

In addition to what Firefox mentioned above; if you have the self-protection module option checked/enabled under Advanced Settings then that would prevent you from moving or deleting any of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware's files by hand, including logfiles. This is deliberate in order to protect those files from being removed by malware. That said, even with self-protection enabled, you may still remove the files as described by Firefox above by using the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware program itself to do so.

In addition to what Firefox mentioned above; if you have the self-protection module option checked/enabled under Advanced Settings then that would prevent you from moving or deleting any of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware's files by hand, including logfiles. This is deliberate in order to protect those files from being removed by malware. That said, even with self-protection enabled, you may still remove the files as described by Firefox above by using the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware program itself to do so.

Ok, Step by Step

No, I do not want to delete and I dont want to change the location, I want to move the .log or .xml files!!!

1.- Cut all the *.xml files from the path

C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\Logs / *.*

TO

F:\Delete

post-134410-0-44134500-1405617294_thumb.

2.- I am the administrator, so I do not need permisssion to move the files...

post-134410-0-03295300-1405618318_thumb.

3.- Agggg prevent  from moving or deleting any of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware's files by hand, including logfiles...

My Settings

post-134410-0-39881900-1405618649_thumb.

With the previous version I always wipe those files, with version MBAM version 2 I can not

Now, is not a problem, but with the time, this folder will be bigger and bigger :angry:

What now?, Why do I need the .log or .xml files for?

Where MBAM 2.X stores the reports?

Thanks

Camelia

• Staff

You simply need to uncheck the box next to Enable self-protection module and then you will be able to move the files. With self-protection enabled, it prevents any of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware's files and folders from being modified by any program other than Malwarebytes Anti-Malware itself, including Windows Explorer, which is what you are using when attempting to move files from one folder to another.

So step by step please do the following and you should then be able to move the files to any location of your choosing:

• Open Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and click on the Settings tab
  • Click on the Advanced Settings sub-tab on the lower left
  • Uncheck the box next to Enable self-protection module:

post-2103-0-73178500-1405619619_thumb.pn

• Once the box is unchecked, open the folder where the log files are stored (normally C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\Logs)
  • Move the files to the location of your choice
Once that is complete, you may then check the box next to Enable self-protection module again in order to re-activate Malwarebytes Anti-Malware's self-defense mechanism.

In the future any time you desire to move or delete any of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware's log files, simply perform the same steps as detailed above or simply leave self-protection disabled and you will be able to move the files at will.

You simply need to uncheck the box next to Enable self-protection module and then you will be able to move the files. With self-protection enabled, it prevents any of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware's files and folders from being modified by any program other than Malwarebytes Anti-Malware itself, including Windows Explorer, which is what you are using when attempting to move files from one folder to another.

So step by step please do the following and you should then be able to move the files to any location of your choosing:

attachicon.gifSelf-protection.png

• Once the box is unchecked, open the folder where the log files are stored (normally C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\Logs)
Once that is complete, you may then check the box next to Enable self-protection module again in order to re-activate Malwarebytes Anti-Malware's self-defense mechanism.

In the future any time you desire to move or delete any of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware's log files, simply perform the same steps as detailed above or simply leave self-protection disabled and you will be able to move the files at will.

Thank you!

Done :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Step by step:

• RESTART COMPUTER

Once that is complete, you may then check the box next to Enable self-protection module again in order to re-activate Malwarebytes Anti-Malware's self-defense mechanism AND RESTART COMPUTER

Thank you

Camelia