Version 2 may be Superior in Detection, But That Doesn't Help

I, like the person asking for an older version, am a long-time user and have purchased the program.

This new version is not only more complicated, but it doesn't function very well.

My two biggst problems is that, although it finds the malware, it doesn't eliminate them.  So, it just keeps finding them each time and I keep telling it to quarantee them.  And this just goes on and on.

Second, it keeps advising me that I need to update the program.  Unfortunatley, the "Fix the Problem" (Update now) button doesn't work.  So, it just sits there telling me I need to update, but it won't let me.  It even turns off the "Search for Updates"  option when I right-click on the icon.  The only way I can update is to right-click on the "update" option from the icon immediately on start-up before the new "improved" interface comes up.  Once that interface is up, the program, although it may have detected more, is useless to me.

I hope you keep supporting the older version(s) for a long time - at least until you work out the bugs in this one.

Don't get me wrong, I like the program - when it works.  But, if it detects and can't eliminate or quarantine, and you can't update it when you want, and it keeps giving you false notices that you need to update - you have to wonder if it is really detecting ot has it become infected, etc.

Thanks.

JBK

Hello and :welcome:  osoalaskano:

While we wait for the moderator team to relocate your post to the support section, I have a hunch that there might be an "easy" fix to both of your issues. 

It sounds as if you might not have MBAM configured to automatically quarantine non-malware detections (PUPs and PUMs).
That could explain both why the same detections are coming up repeatedly, AND --- if they are not quarantined -- why you cannot update the program.

(Without seeing your scan logs, it's impossible to say for sure.)

This might be worth a try:
First: Open the main program interface > click "Scan" at the top of the window > if there are any detected threats, take care of them by quarantining.
Then, you ought to be able to update.

In order to prevent this from happening again, please check to see that your program settings look like the attached screenshot.  That way, MBAM will automatically quarantine, not only malware, but also the non-malware items, such as PUPs and PUMs. ;)

Please let us know if that explains and resolves your 2 issues.
If it doesn't, then please wait for the mod team to relocate this post -- we will be happy to assist you further in the support area. :)

ALSO, for additional information:
There is an FAQ Section here: Common Questions, Issues, and their Solutions
And here are links to the MBAM 2.0 User Guide: Online and PDF
And there are many useful KB topics and videos at the helpdesk support page

Thanks,

post-29793-0-40805100-1405421055_thumb.p