Database not updating

I too have been getting the little window that pops up saying the Databases are Out Of Date all afternoon. When I try to update, it searches, then the little Triangle that pops up saying no updates are found. I am using the 2.0.2.1012 version. I am not computer savvy when it comes to all this computer lingo and numbers. I just want to update and have this window stop popping up. I did write Malwarebytes with this problem. Maybe there is a problem on their end. It has to be because if I was the only one with this problem then I would think it may be my computer, but since I see I'm not the only one having this problem,it tends to make me think it's a company problem.

I am having the same problem too. I followed previous instructions and did the uninstall/install plus other things mentioned. When I do the install it has no problem updating the database, but then it fails later.

Right now it says I need to run an update, but for some reason, on the dashboard, where it says ---> " Database Version:    v2014.07.11.01   update now>>"     The "Update Now >>", link isn't even showing active.

I must say that I am getting more than a little fed up with the product. Perhaps it has to do with my computer.....but I am getting old, I don't have a young man's drive to spend hours and hours troubleshooting technical details on a utility program.  :)

Hi:

In addition to @1PW's excellent advice, 2 things come to mind, based on your description:

Right now it says I need to run an update, but for some reason, on the dashboard, where it says ---> " Database Version:    v2014.07.11.01   update now>>"     The "Update Now >>", link isn't even showing active.

One possible explanation
is that you have installed MBAM from a Limited User Account (LUA) in Windows, rather than an Admin-level account.
MBAM needs to be installed from an Admin level account - please let us know if you need help reinstalling.
Or, you can "Run As Administrator", and you should be able to update (for Windows Vista/7/8, just right-click the desktop shortcut icon and select "Run As Adminstrator").

The other thing to check: Open the program from your desktop shortcut > click "Scan" > see if there are any "Detected Threats" that need your actions.
Once those threats are dealt with, you should be able to update.

If those don't explain or resolve your issue, then do please feel free to open a ticket at the help desk for free support by email, as @1PW suggested.
If you would like help here in the forum, instead, please start a NEW, SEPARATE topic using the cjfj.png button.
The staff and experts will be able to more easily provide both you and the OP with individual help to get you both up and running.

Thank you,