Fear of being hacked but still doubting.

weirdo

Hi. I fear that people spied on me on the webcam but I got a Denial-of-Service attack in last year's December. How do hackers do the Denial-of-Service attacks and how does a person get a RAT in the computer and can hackers spy on the webcam without putting any RATs or with other ways? Are Denial-of-Service attacks done with RATs?

I want to know, because I am also doubting if I got hacked...

The hackers also once banned me from Omegle and also did the CAPTCHA error to me where I have to always put the CAPTCHA code and the thing that I am not able to connect to Omegle that it says "Error: Cannot connect to Omegle" or where it takes forever to connect and look for strangers. Do they do this with remote hacking, or just something else?

Can people hack into others' webcams without any remote hacking? And can RATs be installed in computers without me opening any files or links anywhere? RAT is Remote Access Trojan.

And when someone hacks in the remote way, does the computer or any browser or any folder freeze?

I want to know... Because I fear I got hacked but then again I doubt I got hacked...

READ.

There are so many questions in that you have to break it all down and read, learn, study and then question.

I doubt you got "hacked" as for the most part individuals are "low valued targets".  It is companies and organizations that are "high value targets" unless you have done something that puts you in the spot-light or put a target on your back.

One should not ascribe computer problems with malware or hacktevism just because you have problems.  Paranoia can be a good thing.  In my book paranoia is just another word for a heightened sense of situational awareness.  However it has to be an educated paranoia.  Paranoia based upon the hearing of words or hot-button topics without knowledge of them goes over the edge and into the realm of psychological fixation without causation.

READ.

There are so many questions in that you have to break it all down and read, learn, study and then question.

I doubt you got "hacked" as for the most part individuals are "low valued targets".  It is companies and organizations that are "high value targets" unless you have done something that puts you in the spot-light or put a target on your back.

One should not ascribe computer problems with malware or hacktevism just because you have problems.  Paranoia can be a good thing.  In my book paranoia is just another word for a heightened sense of situational awareness.  However it has to be an educated paranoia.  Paranoia based upon the hearing of words or hot-button topics without knowledge of them goes over the edge and into the realm of psychological fixation without causation.

Well, honestly, in Omegle I was all the time fangirling a certain fictional character and I told there all my fantasies with that character and then I told my first name too. So some people got annoyed or they just wanted to know who exactly I am...

Well, honestly, in Omegle I was all the time fangirling a certain fictional character and I told there all my fantasies with that character and then I told my first name too. So some people got annoyed or they just wanted to know who exactly I am...

But on the other hand, I never found anything elsed about me anywhere in the Internet than just my Tumblr, YouTube, and deviantART stuff.

Looks dodgy to me.

NT Services "look dodgy" ?

I suggest researching TCP Port 135 and Remote Procedure Calls (RPC) and RPC over Named Pipes, Hyper-V, Remote Access Services and other NT Based OS sub-systems.

One can not call them "dodgy" unless one studies the NT OS structure, NT Services, the Host Process for Windows Services (aka; Server of Services or Daemon of Daemons) and other NT constructs.

Until then, please don't feed another's misplaced paranoia because of your own unfamiliarity with NT Based OS sub-systems and constructs.

in addition to what david mentioned ...

a simple google search of the service names in question may provide some answers , however , this is not always the case .

some malware outfits actually use certain of these names/dlls to sucker the unaware and attempt to infect them with *something* .

this practice has been going on for a long time .

fortunately , there are services such as WOT and trafficlight that help aleviate getting suckered into the trumped-up sites .

as an example i performed a google search of "vmicheartbeat" .

on the first page of results there were three results that were bogus and could lead one into trouble .

many of the others simply did not provide any really useful information ... they wanted you to join up and/or were hawking/selling some kind of crapware .

the best defence against this type of hucksterism is education , ask questions of others ... be aware of what the truths really are .

there is a marked difference between thinking/assuming  and knowing .

"i went to the bathroom , i thought my pants were down ..." ; and that is where thinking will get someone .

there are some reputable sources of information along these lines .

the big guys in the "anti" business have databases full of dll/service information .

M$ has a large database of information .

there are a few "speciality" sites for security that offer legitimate information .

• Root Admin

If you think your system is infected then have one of the Experts take a look at it for you. They've been trained specifically to find and remove infections already and it's free aside from your time.

Self Medicating your computer can potentially lead to even more problems if you don't know well what you're doing.

I would suggest following the advice from the topic here Available Assistance for Possibly Infected Computers and having one of the Experts assist you with looking into your issue.

If you think your system is infected then have one of the Experts take a look at it for you. They've been trained specifically to find and remove infections already and it's free aside from your time.

Self Medicating your computer can potentially lead to even more problems if you don't know well what you're doing.

I would suggest following the advice from the topic here Available Assistance for Possibly Infected Computers and having one of the Experts assist you with looking into your issue.

Ok, I see. But do you know any IT security experts too?

Hi, weirdo: :)

There's really no way to know what is going on "under the hood" without conducting some diagnostic scans under the guidance of an expert.

As AdvancedSetup has pointed out, continued self-medication could potentially damage your system and result in data loss or worse.

It's certainly up to you, but we respectfully suggest that you follow the advice offered by our forum Root Admin:

Thanks!

• Root Admin

Please follow the directions to get one-on-one assistance reviewing your computer for an infection issue. We cannot assist you any further in this specific forum.

This topic will now be closed, open a new one in the requested forum and wait. Due to the high volume of requests for help it can possibly take up to a week to get a reply.

Thank you