I have windows xp pro. I have malwarebytes antimalware free version installed, and I run it a couple of times a week as a back-up to my anti-virus. Under exclusions, I can choose a folder to exclude, using the program's browse box. However, hidden files and folders are not shown here, even if they are shown on my pc. I would like to to exclude system volume information folder, since it takes so long to scan.

How can I exclude this folder, if it won't show up in the browse for folder box under malware exclusions??

Is there a serious risk to excluding the restore points from a malware scan?

thank you so much for your reply. Is there a different area that you would recommend for exclusion? I do want a thorough scan, and  it's for good reason that malwarebytes is so highly recommended! Still, the scan takes a really long time, which is really fine, unless there are places that are obviously unnecessary to scan?

• Root Admin

Please post one of the scan logs.

Please open Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and from the Dashboard please Check for Updates by clicking the Update Now... link
Open up Malwarebytes > Settings > Detection and Protection > Enable Scan for rootkits, Under Non Malware Protection set both PUP and PUM to Treat detections as malware.
Click on the SCAN button and run a Threat Scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware by clicking the Scan Now>> button. Remove any threats found
Once completed please click on the History > Application Logs and find your scan log and open it and then click on the "copy to clipboard" button and post back the results on your next reply.

Also Please read the following and post back the 3 requested logs.

Diagnostic Logs

Thank you