Is there any way we can verify our license #? (lifetime versus subscription license)

Hello,

A little history (please forgive the length).  I've always just used the free version of Malwarebytes along with Microsoft Security Essentials but then recently saw how MWB was switching over to a subscription model.

With my kids getting older and foster kids also in our house I decided I wanted to get the Pro version, but the lifetime license.  I bought a lifetime license from a site that is still running a promotion but how do I tell if it is actually a lifetime license?

It works fine, but I decided to test to see if another computer would take it and it did.  Now I'm worried that I was sold the subscription model for 3 PCs.  Will a lifetime license temporarily work on another PC?  (I was hoping it would just say the licence is already in use)

I guess what I'm trying to say is that is there anyway you can tell what type of license you have, and is there a way to tell what license is actually on that computer since the Key is greyed out?

I want to buy some other licenses from this site while I still have the chance:

http://betanews.com/2014/03/21/now-is-the-time-to-get-your-lifetime-malwarebytes-anti-malware-pro-license-before-its-too-late/

But I want to make sure I am getting what I am paying for.  Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it.  I have never paid for any type of antivirus in the past (never really needed it) but MWB guys have always done me good in the past with the free version so I wanted to support them as well.  Thanks again. 

• Root Admin

There is no current method or tool that I'm aware of that will tell you that. Our help desk support can submit and look up the license to confirm what it is but aside from that I'm not currently aware of a method to determine that locally.

The following links should provide you with more details.

https://helpdesk.malwarebytes.org/hc/en-us/articles/201948377-How-long-is-my-Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware-license-valid-for-

https://helpdesk.malwarebytes.org/hc/en-us/articles/202325648-Can-I-buy-Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware-from-eBay-

Thank you

Ron,

Thank you for the quick response.  I sent an inquiry to help desk support to confirm the license type and referenced this thread.  Hopefully there will be a way to confirm the license number on the user's end in the future.  Thanks again.

Until @AdvancedSetup returns....

Yes, many users have asked as an RFF (Request for Feature) (at the minimum) for an indication in the "My Account" window of the GUI that displays the type of license (Lifetime or Subscription), and an expiration date (which would be helpful for the Subscription license users). :)

Only the developers can tell us when such a feature might be headed our way.

Having said that, if the license is purchased directly through the Malwarebytes online store or another reputable source, then the transaction documentation from cleverbridge or the vendor should clearly state the type of license.

It's always a good idea to keep both electronic and hard copies of such documentation, just in case.

Thanks for your support,