Updates not working

Hello Maurice,

I've also been having the same problem with a Windows 7 Home Premium system since last week.  This fix didn't work.  Do you want me to post here with the attachments or start a new post.  I also saw a similar problem on my main Windows 8.1 machine last week, but running a Microsoft Fixit for installing updates problem, it went away.  I had tried quite a few other things before that and I'm not positive it was the Fixit that cured the problem.

My current problem is from a friend's notebook computer that I was working on to replace a broken screen.  I then ran into a huge number of malware/pup infestations and I ran all the appropriate stuff except I can't get Malwarebytes Pro to work correctly.  I am requiring everybody that wants me to work on their computer in the future to purchase a copy of Malwarebytes Pro, or I won't work on it again for these kinds of problems.  Well, that's a great idea, but now I can't get Malwarebytes Pro to work.  Everything else seems fine.  I deleted Norton 360 from the system and installed MSE instead, hoping for a little better compatibility.  This hasn't helped.

Thanks,

Walt