[SOLVED] Chrome , silver light blocked

linnnaim

Just downloaded silver light vista , now it crashes in chrome after being blocked by MBAE .. Can I get round this ??? Roy

Hi strange thing ... I,m using an app called sky go , watching live cricket from lords ... MBAE blocked silver light at first .. So I stopped MBAE ... And the app started working fine .... I just restarted MBAE mid stream as it were and it's all working fine !! No interruptions .. Not sure if that helps ??? Roy

Hi just closed the app down and started from scratch , everything working fine , bypassed the point where silver light crashed .. ?? Might have been to do with silver light starting up ?? I only restarted silver light because the app requested me to ... So could be its initial start up possibly ?? All is ok now ... I was a bit worried because this app is something I use a lot so it could have been disastrous ... Panic over everyone .. Calm down .. Roy

• Staff

If you can replicate it consistently it will be a problem with MBAE.

However if you only saw the MBAE alert once and then not again, this is indicative of how exploit kits work nowadays (exploit only once per visiting IP).

If you can replicate it consistently please post the configuration, DDS or FRST logs and how to replicate it. Otherwise I wouldn't be so quick to turn off MBAE as you might be exposed to exploits compromising your computer.

Hi yes , that all makes sense now ...... It's all working fine now ..... This can be closed now ... I won,t close MBAE if it happens again ... Thanks everyone ROY