14 day free trial of malwarebytes premier runs out tomorrow

I had the free version of malwarebytes, and was invited to try the free 14 day trial 2.0.2.1012. It runs out tomorrow, and was thinking of paying for it.

But before I do, I'd like to know if there is likely to be any conflicts with Kaspersky internet security or spywareblaster.

I haven't noticed and probles so far, but just in case, I thought I'd ask

I'm using windows 8.1 and firefox 30. Thanks for any help ;;-)

Hi, snoze:

Actually, this particular section of the forum is dedicated to support a different Malwarebytes product, MBAE (Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit), not MBAM (Malwarebytes Anti-Malware).  So, the forum mod team will likely move this post >>here<<. :)

Having said that, you should be fine with MBAM Premium and KIS.

While every computer is unique, and "your mileage may vary", I have been running this combination on many computers for many years.

If you are having no issues now with the MBAM Premium Trial, then there should be no problem with the fully paid version (they are exactly the same, in terms of features).

Although not strictly necessary, you may find it helpful to set mutual exclusions between MBAM and KIS.

Let us know if you need help with that.

I don't use Spywareblaster, but several folks here do, and I'm not aware of any issues.

Bottom line: you should be fine.  And if you ever run into snags, you can always post back in the MBAM support section and we will help you sort it out.

Thanks,

No problem -- the forum has grown rather large, with all the new software products.

BTW, I assume you know this, but you don't have to reinstall to activate.
You'll just click the "Activate" link in the main dashboard and enter the license ID and key, then click the "Activate" button.
That will refresh the main screen, showing that your program is now "Premium", not "Trial".

More info here: Do I need to reinstall Malwarebytes Anti-Malware in order to activate the product with a genuine license key? and How do I activate Malwarebytes Anti-Malware?

ALSO, for additional information:
There is an FAQ Section here: Common Questions, Issues, and their Solutions
And here are links to the MBAM 2.0 User Guide: Online and PDF
And there are many useful KB topics and videos at the helpdesk support page

Cheers!

Cheers daledoc1, I did see a post about having some difficulty with the copy and paste ( make sure not to lead a space at he end ) I'll still read your links and make sure I have a good chance of getting it right :D

Hello snoze,

Just thought I'd chime in.   I run all three of the software products you mentioned (Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, Kaspersky Internet security 2014, Spyware Blaster). I also run Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit and KeyScrambler.  I've never had any problems what so ever.

One thing I would mention is that as a precaution I did set mutual exclusions in MBAM and KIS, although I believe that this is not necessary for some people, I always tend to er on the side of caution though.

Regards.

Thanks MCF, I did try and buy it last night. But I run in to some trouble :-( when I was trying to pay for the pemier malawarebytes, it give me 2 choices. credit card ( I have a debit card ) or paypal. so I clicked paypal and got the email with a number. but paypal didnt say anywhere about a debit card.........so I'm at a loss what to do next ??

thanks for all the heelp though guys..........I guess it's back to the free one :(

stay safe :)

Hi:

so I clicked paypal and got the email with a number. but paypal didnt say anywhere about a debit card.........so I'm at a loss what to do next ??

I'm not sure I understand what you mean?

Did you have a problem with your transaction?

I'm not in the UK, but I am presented with many different payment options at the online store (see screen cap).

If you are having trouble with the purchase, perhaps one of the articles at the help desk might be useful: Purchases

It does appear that payment by PayPal is a multi-step process - you would need to complete all of the steps in order to finalize the transaction.

You said that "got the email with a number" -- was that the confirmation email with your license ID and key?

If so, then you should be all set.

You would use that information to Activate your MBAM to convert the Trial version to the Premium.

Perhaps if you could provide a bit more detail about your problem, we can help to sort it out.

Thanks,

post-29793-0-55020100-1404565818_thumb.p

what I mean is, I didn't tick the credit card part, because I don't have a credit card, I have a debit card. So  I opted for the paypal way, and got a cleverbridge ref number: 8 numbers. I'll go back and see if I have any luck with it to day :-(

Ah, OK. :)

Well, if you got a cleverbridge reference number, then I think the next step, once the PayPal transaction finalizes, will be a confirmation email from cleverbridge that will contain the license ID and key.

Please check the body of the email for wording about the license ID and key.

You'll want to store that email somewhere safe, including keeping a paper copy handy.

The information therein is the license ID and key you will need to activate the MBAM installation to PREMIUM.

If you ever reinstall MBAM or transfer the license to a different computer (NOT to a different user!), you will need the info.

While one can always contact cleverbridge and have them look it up, it's much easier just to keep the info safe and handy.

Needless to say, we "forum folks" and even the regular MBAM staff do NOT have access to any sort of licensing information.

If you are still having trouble with the purchase, perhaps one of the articles at the help desk might be useful: Purchases and Activation (this latter page contains all the contact information for cleverbridge, should you need it).

I hope you get it sorted out,

You're most welcome.

I'm curious as to how this all works, both the with PayPal and with the new subscription licensing (all of my license purchases were one-time, credit card, lifetime licenses).

So, please do keep us posted.

It sounds as if you are close to getting there....

Cheers,

Hello snoze

One thing I would mention is that as a precaution I did set mutual exclusions in MBAM and KIS, although I believe that this is not necessary for some people, I always tend to er on the side of caution though.

Regards.

how do I got about this ^^^^

All done ;-) I ploughed on with paypal (fingers crossed ) and it workked. It might of worked if I had ticked the credit card pat, but not seeing debit card anywhere, put me off :-(

I made an account with paypal and it went through ok....all up to date for a year. not sure if it is taken out of my account next year, or get some notice to chose ??

thanks for the help.

just need some advice on the above post now

Hi:

how do I got about this ^^^^

For KIS exclusions in MBAM, just add the entire KL folder (see screen cap).

For MBAM exclusions in KIS, the files that need to be excluded are listed >>HERE<<.

And the KIS2014 KB illustrated tutorial is >>HERE<<.

(I basically go into the Settings > Protection Center > Application Control > Manage Applications and add full exclusions for all MBAM exe files in the list.)

>>Is your licensing issue sorted out???

Hope this helps,

post-29793-0-75206700-1404574568_thumb.p

Hi:

All done ;-) I ploughed on with paypal (fingers crossed ) and it workked. It might of worked if I had ticked the credit card pat, but not seeing debit card anywhere, put me off :-( I made an account with paypal and it went through ok....all up to date for a year. not sure if it is taken out of my account next year, or get some notice to chose ?? thanks for the help. just need some advice on the above post now

I guess our posts crossed.

Great, I'm glad you're all set up. :)

TMALSS, currently, auto-renewal is "opt-out" -- if you do NOT want cleverbridge to automatically renew your subscription, you need to contact them (there should be a link in your confirmation email from them) and then jump through some hoops to cancel the subscription.

Otherwise, they will automatically bill you for a renewal a year from now.

At least that is the case for another Malwarebytes product that was recently released, MBAE (Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit).

Users who do NOT want to be automatically renewed must contact cleverbridge to cancel their subscription.

I assume that this also applies to MBAM.

The important advantage of auto-renewal is that it will keep your MBAM Premium real-time protection in force without a coverage lapse.

The potential disadvantages of auto-renewal are, well..................... I'll leave it to you. ;)

Since subscription consumer licensing only became available in March 2014 (a few months ago), no home users will be coming up for renewal until early 2015.

I assume that there will be notifications through the GUI, and/or popup notifications, and/or emails notifying you that your subscription will be coming up for renewal.  Having said that, I don't work for Malwarebytes, so I don't know that for sure; it is the norm for other subscriptions from other software vendors.

Cheers,

Sorry daledoc1 I don't mean to step on your toes I just thought this additional info on how I do this might help.

Adding exclusions to MBAM is as daledoc1 has already said.

For me the way I add exclusions to KIS is as follows:

1.     Load Kaspersky

2.     Click on 'Settings'.

3.     Click on 'Threats and Exclusions'.

4.     Click on 'Manage Trusted Applications'.

5.     Click 'Add'

6.     Click on little arrow to the left of 'Malwarebytes Corporation'.

7.     Click on first item in the list.

8.     Click on all the 'Do not Boxes'

9.     Click on 'add'

10.    Repeat steps 5 - 9 for all items in the list (Malwarebytes Corporation, section).

Yep, that's the ticket! :)

(There are actually several ways in KIS to get to the same point.  I just happen to like the illustrated tutorials at the KL site, especially for newcomers; sometimes "a picture speaks a 1000 words".)

Thanks for the added details. :)

The malwarebytes files that should be excluded are as follows:

mbam.exe

mbamdor.exe

mbampt.exe

mbamscheduler.exe

mbamservices.exe

You should find them all at step 6 in my previous post, but if they are not there:

After step 5 click on browse (bottom left hand side) and go to c:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware  you should find all the files in there.

Hi:

For KIS exclusions in MBAM, just add the entire KL folder (see screen cap).

For MBAM exclusions in KIS, the files that need to be excluded are listed >>HERE<<.

And the KIS2014 KB illustrated tutorial is >>HERE<<.

(I basically go into the Settings > Protection Center > Application Control > Manage Applications and add full exclusions for all MBAM exe files in the list.)

OK, so now we probably are creating a bit of clutter, as I already provided the link that lists all of the MBAM exe files to be excluded (see above)?

<just saying> ;)

The malwarebytes files that should be excluded are as follows:

mbam.exe

mbamdor.exe

mbampt.exe

mbamscheduler.exe

mbamservices.exe

<snip>

At this point, it may be more confusing for @snoze (and anyone else who views this topic), as we are going back and forth with multiple posts about multiple ways to achieve the same end?

I'm sure @snoze will post back if he needs more help. :)

<just a thought>

Cheers,