New free version of mbam won't finish installing

Hi,

I'm using WIndows Vista and recently received the new upgrade to malwarebytes automatically, but when I tried to install the version, it has to be aborted because it reads "an error occurred while trying to read the source file: Access is denied"  with regards to the file C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\Chameleon\Windows\mbam-chameleon.com

I have combed through these forums and have tried almost everything. The original malwarebytes I had installed (the older version) is gone.

Can anyone help me with this issue ? Thanks.

post-168140-0-12885400-1404301091_thumb.

Hello and :welcome::

I understand that the auto-update to the current version on your Vista computer did not succeed.

Let's start with routine troubleshooting, as explained in the links to these pinned topics, please:

Please post back and let us know how it goes.

Thank You,

Hello Montella and welcome aboard.

What I believe you needed to have done, was, to insure that you did the upgrade as a stand-alone one and by right-clicking the setup.exe and selecting Run as Administartor.

The tell-tale sign of that need is the failed access to a program folder.

Your Windows is Vista so most times, with security EXE ( apps) you must insure to Run as Administrator.

A clean/removal & new install should take care of this.  If not, see this write-up https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?/topic/149908-installer-error-version-upgrade-log-in-as-administrator/

I've performed the MBAM clean removal process, and done a fresh install, including doing so as an administrator (right clicking and selecting 'Run as Administrator'), still with no success.

I was also surprised the log stated I still have the older version installed as it can't be found anywhere on my system when I search for it.

Hi:

Your logs show that you are pirating software.

That violates our Piracy Policy.

As such, no further assistance can be provided at this time, and the moderator team will lock this thread.

If you would like further assistance, you will please need to fully remove all cracked and pirated software from your computer and then send a PM to a member of the moderator team.

Thanks for your understanding,

I'm sorry but the logs show that this computer is actively being used to pirate and steal software from at least Adobe. As such we cannot assist you unless you want to remove all cracked, stolen, or pirated Adobe software from the system.

This topic will now be closed due to evidence of cracked or pirated software on this system.

Piracy Policy

Regards.