System infected - malware bytes wont update - scan clean

Just to expand on the license for MB, you used to be able to get a lifetime license for it, but with the new version it's a yearly license good for 3 computers. As I stated, sometime MB runs specials and sells a limited amount of lifetime licenses and you can also find some Retail Boxes of MB with lifetime licenses on E-Bay.

--------------------------------------------

Out dated programs on the system are vulnerable to malware.
Please update or uninstall them:

---------------------------------------

Adobe Flash Player 10 Flash Player out of Date!
Flash Player:

Check for an update if available
Downloads are at the top of the page. (don't install the McAfee toolbar)

--------------------------------------

A little clean up to do....

Please Uninstall ComboFix: (if you used it)

Press the Windows logo key + R to bring up the "run box"

Copy and paste next command in the field:

ComboFix /uninstall

Make sure there's a space between Combofix and /

cf2.jpg

Then hit enter. (it may look like CF is re-installing but it's not)
This will uninstall Combofix, delete its related folders and files, hide file extensions, hide the system/hidden files and clears System Restore cache and create new Restore point

(If that doesn't work.....you can simply rename ComboFix.exe to Uninstall.exe and double click it to complete the uninstall or download and run the uninstaller)

---------------------------------

bwebb7v.jpgDownload Delfix from here and save it to your desktop. (you may already have this)

• Ensure Remove disinfection tools is checked.
  • Click the Run button.
  • Reboot

Any other programs or logs that are still remaining, you can manually delete. (right click.....Delete)
IE: RogueKiller.exe, RKreport.txt, RK_Quarantine folder, C:\FRST folder, FRST-OlderVersion folder, MBAR folder, etc....AdwCleaner > just run the program and click uninstall.

Note:
If you used FRST and can't delete the quarantine folder:
Download the fixlist.txt to the same folder as FRST.exe.
Run FRST.exe and click Fix only once and wait
That will delete the quarantine folder created by FRST.
The rest you can manually delete.

-------------------------------

Any questions...please post back.
If you think I've helped you, please leave a comment > click on my avatar picture > click Profile Feed.

Take a look at My Preventive Maintenance to avoid being infected again. (My Preventive Maintenance also found HERE)

Good Luck and Thanks for using the forum, MrC

• 2 weeks later...
  • Root Admin

Glad we could help. :)

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!