[SOLVED] Help activating Premium

mooney99

Three days ago I purchased the premium edition of anti-exploit but I think I got some free edition because i cannot do anything in the thing that comes up except run and not run- I tried to put my ID and Key into the "business" slot but still no functions except run and not run-help

• Staff

Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting.

Open the Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit window and then click on "About" tab. There you will see an "Activate" button.

Other users have also mentioned difficulty in activating Premium, so we've changed the confirmation email and will be making the "Activate" button more visible for the next version.

Thanks!

Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting.

Open the Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit window and then click on "About" tab. There you will see an "Activate" button.

Other users have also mentioned difficulty in activating Premium, so we've changed the confirmation email and will be making the "Activate" button more visible for the next version.

Thanks!

I tried to activate the button but nothing happens-I did click on the business part and typed in my ID and Key in that slot but still can do nothing but run and not run-

• Staff

Sorry I'm not understanding what you mean. There is no "business part" of Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit Free where you can type in ID and Key.

Please look at the screenshot below. The areas in red circles are the ones you need to click to activate Premium. Is this the same as you are seeing?

post-141843-0-46544800-1403744532_thumb.

Sorry I'm not understanding what you mean. There is no "business part" of Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit Free where you can type in ID and Key.

Please look at the screenshot below. The areas in red circles are the ones you need to click to activate Premium. Is this the same as you are seeing?

attachicon.gifUntitled.jpg

yes, that is what I am seeing- yesterday I clicked on the business part (just to the left of activate) and the activate word went black so I was able to click on it and a box came up for me to type my ID and Key but still the same screen you are showing with nothing else-

attachicon.gifUntitled.jpg

I just replied but am not sure it went thorough as I am not very computer literate.  To the left of "activate" is where you can click to get the business portion of premium. I clicked it yesterday and a box came up to type in my ID and Key which I copied and pasted.  After that, everything still the same.

I just replied but am not sure it went thorough as I am not very computer literate.  To the left of "activate" is where you can click to get the business portion of premium. I clicked it yesterday and a box came up to type in my ID and Key which I copied and pasted.  After that, everything still the same.

I failed to advise you that my License ID is listed across from Malware Anti-Exploit which looks like I am activated but still can do nothing but run or not run

I'm just chiming in here until Pedro is available, but does the top (title) bar of the program now say "Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit Premium" or "Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit Free" ?  It sounds like if your license ID is being shown, it should say "Premium" at the top.  I'm just trying to help the post get a bit further along and move toward a solution, so pardon my intrusion.

I'm just chiming in here until Pedro is available, but does the top (title) bar of the program now say "Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit Premium" or "Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit Free" ?  It sounds like if your license ID is being shown, it should say "Premium" at the top.  I'm just trying to help the post get a bit further along and move toward a solution, so pardon my intrusion.

thank you for responding- yes, the top says malwarebytes anti-exploit premium at the very top and the big letters say the same except for the "premium"-sounds like I have it but cannot do anything but turn it off and on-

thank you for responding- yes, the top says malwarebytes anti-exploit premium at the very top and the big letters say the same except for the "premium"-sounds like I have it but cannot do anything but turn it off and on-

at the very bottom (to the left of license Id) it says malwarebytes anti-exploit (no premium)

I'm a bit confused, and because I'm probably going to have to leave this to Pedro tonight, I want to attach two images,  Please let us know whether your Anti-Exploit looks like picture #1 (activate1.png) or picture #2 (activated.png).  I have hidden the License ID in the second one, but the differences are pretty clear.

I gotta go home or I'll turn into a pumpkin.

post-141357-0-27967400-1403759751_thumb.

post-141357-0-70248600-1403759758_thumb.

He has premium.  He just doesn't understand how to use it.

Mooney99 - were you trying to buy MalwareBytes AntiMalware instead of this product (MalwareBytes AntiExploit)?

This program is literally a set it and forget - either you enable the protection or you disable it.  With the premium version, you get additional protection that are built in that you cannot use in the free version, and you get the ability to add your own items to be protected from, but it is a completely different product from MBAM.

I'm a bit confused, and because I'm probably going to have to leave this to Pedro tonight, I want to attach two images,  Please let us know whether your Anti-Exploit looks like picture #1 (activate1.png) or picture #2 (activated.png).  I have hidden the License ID in the second one, but the differences are pretty clear.

I gotta go home or I'll turn into a pumpkin.

Picture 2

He has premium.  He just doesn't understand how to use it.

Mooney99 - were you trying to buy MalwareBytes AntiMalware instead of this product (MalwareBytes AntiExploit)?

This program is literally a set it and forget - either you enable the protection or you disable it.  With the premium version, you get additional protection that are built in that you cannot use in the free version, and you get the ability to add your own items to be protected from, but it is a completely different product from MBAM.

AntiExploit premium!! I know somewhere along my installation it said "free".  I followed instructions to the tee and I never disabled it-

OK, would you mind explaining how to run it, as you understand it?

Basically, I'm trying to see what exactly it is that you're trying to do that you cannot do....

Both MBAM and MBAE come in free and premium versions....

@Peters - perhaps - let me get more info to make sure we're on the same page.  I've seen too many people think they are talking about one product when they mean another, and I want to be very very sure before saying otherwise.

OK, would you mind explaining how to run it, as you understand it?

Basically, I'm trying to see what exactly it is that you're trying to do that you cannot do....

Both MBAM and MBAE come in free and premium versions....

@Peters - perhaps - let me get more info to make sure we're on the same page.  I've seen too many people think they are talking about one product when they mean another, and I want to be very very sure before saying otherwise.

Maybe I have it and don't understand. In comparision to my version of the simple free malawarebyes I can scan when I want to, see what viruses are present, delete them, and run the program to scan whenever I choose.  What I have in this program I can turn on the protection (running) or turn it off-Does this one run all the time automatically?

When it is running, on the first tab, there is a button that says stop protection if it is running, and start protection if it is stopped.  Also, it says Running with a green highlight if it is running, and Stopped with a red highlight if it is stopped.

That is why I was making sure if you know how the product worked - this is not a 'scanner' like MBAM.

Here are some links for you: 

http://www.malwarebytes.org/antiexploit/

https://helpdesk.malwarebytes.org/forums/23018386-Product-Questions

HTH

When it is running, on the first tab, there is a button that says stop protection if it is running, and start protection if it is stopped.  Also, it says Running with a green highlight if it is running, and Stopped with a red highlight if it is stopped.

That is why I was making sure if you know how the product worked - this is not a 'scanner' like MBAM.

HTH

HTH

I think I understand-thanks for your patience!! So, it does not say when viruses are removed and what or where they were? Also, would you please tell me what are "shields".  There needs to be some information and instructions for an idiot like myself!

It 's not a virus remover.  It works exactly the opposite - it prevents exploits from coming in and affecting these programs directly.

Read up on those links, and come back to this thread if you have ny more questions.

As for patience - no worries.  Malwarebytes is a much larger company than it was when I first joined these forums as a beta tester.   There are a lot more products and I know how it can be easy to get confused.

• Staff

Thanks for your help John & Mike.

@Mooney99, as others have explained you already have activated Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit Premium. Since the issue is resolved I will close this thread.

Please do read the Frequently Asked Questions as I think it will explain a lot of how and why Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit:

If you have any questions about how to use Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit feel free to post in the Questions and Comments subforum.