Quarantined PUP crashes another app when deleted

I have MWB v1.75.0.1300 installed and it has quarantined seven PUPs over the past few months.  I decided to remove all of them and when I did my phone sync app (Myphoneexplorer) would no longer load, giving runtime errors.  A system restore did not fix the problem, so I had to restore my boot drive from a recent clone, which put it back into its previous state. 

When I check the location of the PUPs in the registry or folder location there is nothing there, so how do these quarantined items crash MPE when removed?  Is there a way to get rid of the PUPs and keep MPE running properly?  I thought about restoring all PUPs, uninstall and reinstall MWB, exclude the MPE folder, and run a scan.  Any advice would be very much appreciated!

BTW, when I try to upgrade to the latest version of MWB it installs in another folder.  When I specify the folder of the old version of MWB my MPE app still crashes, so apparently the settings and/or quarantine list are not carrying over to the new version.

Hi,iclicker, and :welcome:

When the PUP was originally quarantined, it should have caused an issue with MyPhoneExplorer if the PUP actually came from that program.  In that case a simple reinstall of MyPhoneExploerer should have let you use it again, and then you can add it as an exception to MBAM so it will not be detected in the future.

There is no need to uninstall MBAM.

HTH

Thanks for the reply.  I found a recent debugger update on the MPE site, apparently created at least in part to address this issue, and ran it.  I then removed the quarantined PUPs in MBAM and all is well now.  MPE works fine and the PUPs are gone.  Voila.