Malwarebytes CRASHES if latest version of Roboform is active

First, let me say that I could NOT live on a computer without Malwarebytes Premium and want to congratulate you on a FINE product.

That being said, I wish to report an issue with the latest version of AI Roboform. I know that your "Known Issues & Conflicts" page states that "Roboform for Firefox under Windows XP may stop working with MBAE installed".

I'm sorry to report that the problem is much more serious than that. If the Taskbar Icon for Roboform Everywhere Version 7.9.7.5 is loaded, attempts to use the Malwarebytes user interface or perform a scan WILL result in MWB abnormally ending!

If the Roboform Taskbar Icon is CLOSED, then Malwarebytes DOES function normally. This behavior is exhibited with MWB Premium 2.0.2.1012.

This behavior does NOT occur with the previous version of Roboform Version (7.9.2.5). Unfortunately, one cannot downgrade to that version, as it isn't compatible with the latest versions of Firefox and Chrome and will therefore not attach to the browsers :(.

What a pickle I find myself in. Two of my favorite programs (ones I CANNOT do without) fighting like schoolchildren :) I am not blaming Malwarebytes necessarily, but it IS the one that is crashing and it doesn't automatically reload -- which is dangerous.

In all seriousness though, is there anything that can be done? I would be happy to attach all the usual diagnostic logs if you would find that helpful. I would also be happy to perform additional testing, etc. that might help you in isolating this anomaly. It is not malware as I have been through the usual scans and all comes out clean.

Please advise what you would like me to do next.

Sincerely and Thank You,
   Daniel

• 2 years later...
  • Staff

Thank you for reporting this. Is it only the UI that is crashing, or does the entire program shut down? 

Can you please attach a copy of the MBAMService.log located in the following folder?
c:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\MBAMService\logs

In order to locate the file, you'll need to be able to see hidden folders

On 12/29/2016 at 7:07 PM, Ried said:

Thank you for reporting this. Is it only the UI that is crashing, or does the entire program shut down? 

Can you please attach a copy of the MBAMService.log located in the following folder?
c:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\MBAMService\logs

In order to locate the file, you'll need to be able to see hidden folders

Scratch this I don't think the conflict is with Malwarebytes 3. Sorry for the trouble.