AVG Resident Sheild

Hey there; I'm new, so I'm not sure if I'm doing this right, feel free to yell at me for posting in the wrong forum or what not.

I got Spyware Protect 2009 on my comp very, very early this morning and spent the whole start of my day running AVG, Ad-Aware and Exterminate 2. Avg didn't pick up a single thing, Ad-Aware picked up 'unknown' and supposedly got rid of it and Exterminate told me I had a trojan. Spypro; an alias for Spyware Protect 2009.

So, I could get access to a few websites if I tried and persisted at it (for some reason it'd allow me to go to a site if I tried a few times) and I managed to download Malwarebytes. I ran it and it picked up eight different things; I'm thrilled!

The problem? I'm not sure it's a good version of it, if that's at all possible. I downloaded 'Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware'. I was wary of downloading it because the site said that my computer stopped the page from downloading in order to protect itself, but I managed to download it anyways. Figured it was a fluke; I accpeted the process and overrode the computer, right? Well, then I get this 'Resident Shield Alert' saying that I have 'Trojan Horse SHeur.AEBG' and it's file is from Malwarebyes' Anti-Malware.

Which is messed up? Did I royally screw myself by downloading Malwarebytes'? Or is it from the quarantine? Please help!

Another thing that bothers me is the screenshots of Malwarebytes are a different color scheme and lay out; I know this could possibly be because they updated it recently, but I thought it was worth mentioning. It's black and red and says 'Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware'. Not that 'one byte at a time' thing.

If the software you downloaded and installed looks like the screenshot below, then you are probably OK:

post-1983-1241565463_thumb.png

Either way, it sounds like you need help removing malware. Please follow these instructions (skipping any steps you are unable to complete) for posting in our Malware Removal - HijackThis Logs forum. If you cannot follow any of those steps, then please create a new topic in that forum explaining what happened when you tried to run each of the tools in the instructions, and the expert who helps you will be able to suggest steps to take to get the tools working.

post-1983-1241565463_thumb.png

• Root Admin

Yes you were probably redirected to a bogus installer of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.

Please try to download and install it from a clean computer if you can't get it on this system.

The name for the MBAM installer is: mbam-setup.exe and is 2.83MB in size.

http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam-download.php

• Root Admin

I think you need to take a look at this and open a new post in the HJT forum to make sure your system is clean.

Hello and Welcome to Malwarebytes.org

If you're having Malware related issues with your computer that you're unable to resolve.

1. Please read and follow the instructions provided here: I'm infected - What do I do now?
  2. If needed please post your logs in a NEW topic here: Malware Removal - HijackThis Logs
  3. When posting logs please do not use any Quote, Code, or other tags. Please copy/paste directly into your post and do not attach files unless requested.
  • Please do not post any logs in the General forum. We do not work on any logs posted in the General forum.
  • Please do not install any software or use any removal/scanning tool except for those you're requested to run by the Helper that will assist you.
  • Using these other tools often makes the cleanup task more difficult and time consuming.
  • If you have already submitted for assistance at one of the other support sites on the Internet then you should not post a new log here, you should stay working with the Helper from that site until the issue is resolved.
  • Do not assume you're clean because you don't see something in the logs. Please wait until the person assisting you provides feedback.
  • There are often many others that require asistance as well, so please be patient. If no one has responded within 48 hours then please go ahead and post a request for review
  • NOTE: If for some reason you're unable to run some or any of the tools in the first link, then skip that step and move on to the next one. If you can't even run HijackThis, then just proceed and post a NEW topic as shown in the second link describing your issues and someone will assist you as soon as they can.

Alright, so, if I can do all those first instructions, it's a clean version of malwarebytes?

Yes, it should be. You will still want to go ahead and post the logs for our experts to give you a hand. It's always nice to have an expert to analyze your logs for you, and make sure everything is gone. :mellow: