MBAM Lifetime License Question

I have purchased a while back a lifetime subscription to MBAM 1 before the switch to the new yearly subscription MBAM 2 and I know that any NEW licenses are $25 for exactly 3 PCs.

Currently I have the exact same lifetime license activated on 3 PCs running MBAM 2.0.2.1012 and they all work great. At some point I even had it on 4 PCs, but on one of the computers MBAM had issues auto-starting with Windows and so I had to uninstall it.

In a few weeks I'm looking to put my lifetime key on 2 more computers from family members to a total of 5 PCs running the exact same activation code.

Here is my question. What is the number of machines that I can have the exact LIFETIME license activated on? I looked everywhere on malwarebytes.org and on the forums but can't find the correct answer.

I remember reading somewhere on the web before that lifetime is only for one PC and then somewhere else that you can install it on as many PCs as you want. So, I'm very confused.

So far all 3 of my machines have been running the same lifetime key for months with no issues, but am I risking permanently blacklisting or deactivating my key if I hit a certain limit?

If I do have to buy another key for additional PCs, does Amazon really carry lifetime codes like this one? Amazon

Thanks for your help guys.

Hello Kola1 and welcome aboard.

To put it in its simplest form---- if you had Lifetime ( PRO) license from version 1.xx  then you can still only use it on One system only.

The license may be transferred from the old pc to a new pc.

But no, it is not retro-actively changed to where you can install on more than one system.

P.S.  You can ( while supplies last  ) still purchase a Lifetime license from Malwarebytes by using this page to make your purchase

http://www.malwarebytes.org/eureka/

Seems to me that cost will be lower than even the Amazon page that you cited.

Edited by Maurice Naggar

I have purchased a while back a lifetime subscription to MBAM 1 before the switch to the new yearly subscription MBAM 2 and I know that any NEW licenses are $25 for exactly 3 PCs.

Currently I have the exact same lifetime license activated on 3 PCs running MBAM 2.0.2.1012 and they all work great. At some point I even had it on 4 PCs, but on one of the computers MBAM had issues auto-starting with Windows and so I had to uninstall it.

Sorry I did not fully catch the meaning of your 2nd paragraph before.

Be sure that you know that this kind of  usage is in violation of the license agreement, and could result in blacklisting of the license key.

A Lifetime license is only for use on one system.  Not more than one.

A 1-Year subscription license can be used on up to 3 systems.

Thanks, I'm about to buy 5 lifetime keys from the link that you provided so I can have a few in the future.

Just one other question. Why did it let me activate the same key on 4 different machines without any warnings? Active protection works as well as the auto updates. Would it have eventually blacklisted my key?

I asked Maurice to update his response to you, just because it would blacklist your key at some point in the future.  Exactly when is unclear, but it would happen.  We all would much rather you have a good experience with Malwarebytes protection rather than what would likely have occurred.  I'm glad there are still some keys left!

Thank you guys. :lol:  Just bought some lifetime keys and I'll be installing one per PC from now on. Hopefully my original lifetime license is still good after this...

BTW thanks about the Eureka tip! Saved me some money. It's too bad you can only buy two at a time for a discount.

Thanks again.