Computer doesn't wake up for scheduled scans

When I had the old version of MBAM PRO installed my computer would be woken up to run the scheduled Quick Scan. 

Now if my computer is asleep the time for the scheduled scan comes and goes and the next time I wake the computer because the scheduled scan was missed and I have a recurrence set the scan runs right away...bogging down my system. 

Why was the feature to wake the computer and run a scheduled scan removed?

Also on the Dahboard next to Scan Progress the "Next Scheduled Scan" date is always wrong.  Right now just after a scan ran it says "Next Scheduled Scan: June 17, 2014 9:26:05 AM".  This happens on all my computers.  And yes my time/date is right on all of them.

bru

I'm still running Win 7 x64 and MBAM Ver 1.75 (Pro) and am using the Windows Task Scheduler to wake my PC up a couple of minutes before my daily overnight Quick Scan begins on my PC's.

This method has been working very well since I installed MBAM Pro in Sept 2012.

I haven't installed Ver 2.xx yet, waiting a while longer as I read the forum about its progress.  I'm hoping the Ver 2.xx scheduled scans will run without issues overnight after my PC's have been awakened by the Task Scheduler.

Regarding your question about the "wake from sleep" option with the new Premium version, I believe that it was removed because of the numerous problems being reported by other MBAM users in the past relating to the different settings in the PC's "Power Plan/Management" setups.

Since PC setup's are diverse regarding Power Option settings, "hibernate", "sleep", etc, I think that's the reason the "Wake" option was removed with the new Premium version.

If you're interested in setting up a task in the Windows Task Scheduler to wake up the PC unattended prior to the Scheduled Scan start time, this may help.  I posted some screencaps over at the Norton Forum when another member asked about the topic.  The thread is here .  It's just one example on how to wake up the PC with Task Scheduler as there are other methods that will accomplish the same result.

Your other question about the Ver 2 "Next Scheduled Scan" time issue is a known bug that will be fixed with a future release version.  I think this is accurate, someone here will correct if it's not accurate.

Your other question about the Ver 2 "Next Scheduled Scan" time issue is a known bug that will be fixed with a future release version.  I think this is accurate, someone here will correct if it's not accurate.

This is regarded as a mere cosmetic issue, and yes it will be dealt with soon.

Just to add a bit: "wake computer to scan" was removed from version 2.

AFAIK, it created many problems (and generated many support tickets at the help desk).

Windows power management and sleep/hibernate/wake is very complicated, varies by OS and varies by system hardware and software.

So, TMALSS, this feature was removed.

AdvancedSetup will correct me if I am wrong and/or elaborate further, as needed.

HTH,