Installed MalwareBytes but internet no longer works.

MollysDog

Apologies if this is in the wrong forum. Wasn't too sure..

My families computer was full of viruses/malware, so I used an anti-virus program and MalwareBytes. However, now when the internet does not work. When I troubleshoot, it says that the DNS is not responding.

Any ideas what I can do to fix this? I am on my own laptop now. I'm not sure if it is possible to send Hijackthis (or other) logs, because I can't get on the internet on that computer to send it.

Many thanks.

Hello and :welcome: :

It sounds as if the system may have been damaged by the malware -- breaking of networking and internet access is a rather common malware problem.

We can't work on malware diagnostics and removal in this sub-section of the forum.
So, for expert assistance, I suggest that you please follow the advice in this pinned topic: Available Assistance For Possibly Infected Computers.

>>If you have another working computer with internet access and a "thumb drive", you can use the latter to transfer the scanning tools and their logs back and forth, so that you can post them for the experts to review.  

>>If you can't even get that far because the affected computer is too crippled at this time, then I suggest that you please just start a new topic in the malware removal section anyway, explaining the situation.

A malware analyst will assist you with looking into your issue.

Thanks,