Error loading database

Hi, I've just downloaded Malwarebytes and installed it. When I start it seems to be downloading the database OK, until I get this message:

Error loading database line #88472.(0).

I've uninstalled and taken the download again, but got the same result.

Hi, I've just downloaded Malwarebytes and installed it. When I start it seems to be downloading the database OK, until I get this message:

Error loading database line #88472.(0).

I've uninstalled and taken the download again, but got the same result.

The same when I was running update . I reboot pc but the same . I unninstaled M , Wind first time after dind`t want to boot , run ccleaner , delete manually all M left , but the same. They need to fix this quickly, or will be afected more and more people when they will try to update or install M and run updates . For now only thing that I can do is to unninstal M . :mellow:

I have been using Malwarebytes for a while without any difficulty. But last night when I was updating the program before running a scan, I experienced the same problem and error message as mentioned above. Malwarebytes then closed and when I tried to re-open it, I just got the same error message and the program wouldn't open.

I then uninstalled the program and attempted to reinstall it from Malwarebytes.org, but got that same error message once again and installation failed.

I have since tried to download from the alternative GT500.org site which has been suggested and although there are no error messages there and I am told that download has completed successfully, the program still fails to install.

• Staff

Do anyone of you use Online Armor as a Firewall, Comodo Firewall or the Nvidia Networkaccess Firewall? Because I've seen this issue in all three cases already. They are causing an incomplete download of the database. This could be a coincidence ofcourse...

FWIW: up till now I didn't experience any problems with updating (scheduled or manual) with OA Firewall (paid) version 3.5.0.14 installed.

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.37 (= beta version 3)

Database version: 2078

Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3

5/05/2009 17:07:06

mbam-log-2009-05-05 (17-07-06).txt

Scan type: Quick Scan

Objects scanned: 90629

Time elapsed: 7 minute(s), 1 second(s)

Just hope this might be of help.

Do anyone of you use Online Armor as a Firewall, Comodo Firewall or the Nvidia Networkaccess Firewall? Because I've seen this issue in all three cases already. They are causing an incomplete download of the database. This could be a coincidence ofcourse...

My firewall is Zone Alarm.

Hi again, David HT! Any errors in or with the Malwarebytes Program (thats what I meant to ask--just up to many hours) Because if there is a problem with Malwarebytes like you posted above? You need re-post & give the details, so a support team member can get it working with no errors. The end of your post above --the last sentence by you says: quote "the program still fails to install." keep us advised please... regards,

Hi again, David HT! Any errors in or with the Malwarebytes Program (thats what I meant to ask--just up to many hours) Because if there is a problem with Malwarebytes like you posted above? You need re-post & give the details, so a support team member can get it working with no errors. The end of your post above --the last sentence by you says: quote "the program still fails to install." keep us advised please... regards,

Hi YB, I have now been able to successfully install Malwarebytes, but perhaps mistakenly did so in a way which might not help clearly identify the culprit. I temporarily disabled both my Zone Alarm firewall and my Avast Anti Virus and installation of Malwarebytes was completely successful. These are programs which I have not previously had to disable during installation or updates. With hindisght, perhaps I should have disabled each one individually rather than simultaneously, to help identify which of them may be causing the conflict. But at least I now have Malwarebytes back on my computer. However, installation was only successful by using the Download button on the main page of the Malwarebytes website, which took me download.cnet.com. The link earlier in this thread to GT500.org still failed, even with firewall and anti virus disabled.

David, I run avast! antivirus but not ZoneAlarm on Vista and XP and do not have a problem with MBAM on any of my systems.

I choose not to run a software firewall other than Vista Firewall Control Free from SphinxSoftware discussed here:

http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=12832

David, I run avast! antivirus but not ZoneAlarm on Vista and XP and do not have a problem with MBAM on any of my systems.

I choose not to run a software firewall other than Vista Firewall Control Free from SphinxSoftware discussed here:

http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=12832

Thanks YoKenny. I am on XP and these are all programs that I have been using for a long while, so it's strange that this problem should only develop in recent days. However, I have had a separate problem for a few weeks, where System Restore fails to restore to a system checkpoint. Googling the error message related to that problem also suggested that either Zone Alarm or Avast could be possible culprits. Perhaps I need to ditch both of them !!

Thanks YoKenny. I am on XP and these are all programs that I have been using for a long while, so it's strange that this problem should only develop in recent days. However, I have had a separate problem for a few weeks, where System Restore fails to restore to a system checkpoint. Googling the error message related to that problem also suggested that either Zone Alarm or Avast could be possible culprits. Perhaps I need to ditch both of them !!

don't ditch the AV program. Malwarebytes is for Malware/Spyware. You will need an AV program along side. Re-Post your error or contact the support team for MBAM support, put in a support ticket here: http://helpdesk.malwarebytes.org/login If you don't get the reply to help you with your error.

don't ditch the AV program. Malwarebytes is for Malware/Spyware. You will need an AV program along side. Re-Post your error or contact the support team for MBAM support, put in a support ticket here: http://helpdesk.malwarebytes.org/login If you don't get the reply to help you with your error.

When I say ditch it, I may replace it with AVG, which is what I have on my other pc. The MBAM support team have been exceptionally helpful, however now that I have managed to reinstall Malwarebytes without identifying the precise problem, the support ticket has been closed. But I can of course raise the issue again if the problem re-occurs, or if I can identify a precise cause which may also help other users here. I am grateful for the help and advice received here too.

When I say ditch it, I may replace it with AVG, which is what I have on my other pc. The MBAM support team have been exceptionally helpful, however now that I have managed to reinstall Malwarebytes without identifying the precise problem, the support ticket has been closed. But I can of course raise the issue again if the problem re-occurs, or if I can identify a precise cause which may also help other users here. I am grateful for the help and advice received here too.

(sorry about the poor choice of words "ditch" ) The MBAM support team are Great! If the problem re-occurs? Post a message here, or a new thread.

your welcome for the help we could provide here! regards, YB