[SOLVED] Windows Explorer Crashes..

rappleby

I am a licensed user of MalwareBytes Pro and I have always been happy with the product.  After reading an article about your new product (Anti-Exploit), I immediately downloaded and installed the product but I have since uninstalled it.  That doesn't mean that I won't install it again some time in the future.  I think the concept is great and cudos to you guys for coming up with the idea.  It's exactly the kind of innovative thinking that I would have expected from your company.  It's a shame that I was not aware that this product was available to beta test since I might have been able to provide some input.(but that's totally on me because I've never had an issue with MB Pro so I never had a need to access the support forums).  

Here's why I uninstalled:

After installing, I immediately moved the icon from hidden icons to the taskbar (beside my MalwareBytes Pro).  Windows Explorer crashed and restarted.  The icon disappeared completely.  I clicked on the desktop icon - Windows Explorer crashed and restarted.  I right clicked to see properties, Windows Explorer crashed and restarted.  I checked the Task Manager and AE was still running.  This happened several times until finally I was able to get a context menu on right-click.  I confirmed that it was the latest version 1.03.1.1220 and then uninstalled the product.  I didn't install it in my Windows 8.1.

FYI, I installed AE on Windows 7 Pro 64 bit, Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H Rev_1.1, i7 3.9GHz, 16GB ram, 15TB storage.

Hi,

I just tried what you did and neither did my Explorer crash nor anything else.

I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate x64 with 12 GB RAM and a measly 2.5 TB of storage.

EDIT:  Added the following

Sorry, I should mention that I'm actually running version 1.3.3.1221, from https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=150623 (and although the title says 122 3 the app says 1221)