MBAE Premium Yearly Subscription Manual or Automatic?

spurkza

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just an update on this front. The Marketing team is working with Cleverbridge on new flows and logic to allow an option for non-automatic renewing purchases. Please stay tuned for more updates soon.

Excellent news.

I hope it will be "auto-renewal opt-IN". ;)

That would seem to be the best possible solution, short of offering lifetime licenses at a higher cost (which would still be my first choice).

Thanks for the update and for the follow-up.

• 2 weeks later...

Downloaded and used for several days, like the product and had two days left on "trial" version.  Went to sign up for annual subscription and ran across the box regarding "auto-renewal" and stopped.  Researched and found this forum to confirm what was going on.  Not doing that.  Love the product willing put put forth $24.95 when the auto-renewal is GONE.

Some may not mind it but you're losing my $24.95 until it's a 1 -year only subscription, period.

Great product - questionable marketing tactics.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I am asking for confirmation that 'automatic' renewal is exactly that and that no interaction with MBAE Premium on any of the three computers for which the purchased combination of Licence I.D. and Licence Key applies is required.

In other words, is the renewal of a MBAE Premium licence silent and seamless?

I paid for MBAE Premium through PayPal and it is classed and processed by PayPal as a Pre-approved payment.

I think you should optimize (not maximize) the price of MBAE.
It's a very interesting tool, but still in development phase,
and highly specialized, so it should be somewhat proportionally
cheaper than e.g. MBAM which is a very complex security program

with a long development history, stable positive clients feedback,

and with practically continuous signatures updates. 

I think that the reasonable one-year subscription should amount to ca. $15, or so...

Hi, pedro:

I guess there's no chance of some sort of promotion with a limited number of LIFETIME licenses? :(

Such an offer might be an effective marketing tool.

<just asking>

None that I know of, sorry.

Well, that's a shame.

I fully understand the shift to subscription-based licensing.

But, with a new product, a limited marketing promotion offering a handful of lifetime licenses -- even at a higher cost -- would seem to me (as a home user) to be an effective marketing tool.

I'm certain that the cash flow selling out the MBAM lifetime licenses early this year was quite substantial.

Heck, ya'll GAVE AWAY lifetime licenses for MBSB when it was rolled out.

So there is precedent.

I don't purchase ANY software on a managed subscription.

The only renewable software I have is KIS, and that is purchased as a standalone, boxed product with no "subscription".

I know I am not alone, and it's not about the cost.

But it appears that the purchase process for MBAE *still* requires the user to tick the "subscription" box in order to buy and then requires the user to "cancel"the subscription?

(Or do I misinterpret that checkout page????)

I sure hope the marketing department will reconsider the decision.

<rant off>

Cheers and thanks for listening,

Lifetime licences create a slippery slope of investment stagnation.  A certain Russian security software firm is finding this, I suspect.  I think that MalwareBytes is being wise to steer clear of it.

Lifetime licences create a slippery slope of investment stagnation.  A certain Russian security software firm is finding this, I suspect.  I think that MalwareBytes is being wise to steer clear of it.

Once again, to reiterate yet again, I suggested the idea as a limited-time, PROMOTION to create some "buzz" for the product, not a permanent model. :)

There is significant precedent with other Malwarebytes products.

That is all, :)

Once again, to reiterate yet again, I suggested the idea as a limited-time, PROMOTION to create some "buzz" for the product, not a permanent model. :)

There is significant precedent with other Malwarebytes products.

That is all, :)

Yes, I get that, and think it could stir up exposure, if that's what is hoped for.

I've used mbae since before time and would offer up my first born son for a 'Lifetime License' :D

Just joking of course

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Thank you members and Malwarebytes. Just purchased premium via Pay Pal and cancelled auto payments via Malwarebytes, then checked Pay Pal and no auto payments were scheduled, also received subscription cancellation email from Malwarebytes. I am well pleased and confident the auto payment is cancelled, though I will resubscribe. Love Malwarebytes even more after seeing the dedication to customer service. Thanks again ... Lee

• 5 months later...