Craven

[SOLVED] BullGuard conflict makes Opera crash

Since I'm using Anti Exploit Premium Version 1.03.1.1220 Opera Browser crashes at startup.

I have to deactivate the shield for Opera to load the browser.

Worked fine for all versions of the beta. 

post-166755-0-34291800-1402691353_thumb.

logs.rar

I performed some extensive testing with Opera for another issue, and could not trace it to MBAE.

I've just loaded Opera (v 22.0.1471.50), Opera Next (v 23.0.1522.14), and Opera Developer (v 23.0.1522.10).  All loaded perfectly fine.

Seems to be a conflict between MBAE and BullGuard Internet Security, that only comes into effect when starting Opera browser. All other shields are working without a problem.

Because I don't want to do without virus scanner and firewall, I can't uninstall BullGuard Internet Security. Seems that at the moment I can only leave the Opera shield deactivated.

Thanks for reporting back.  It explains why I'm not having the issues you are.

Thanks for the details Craven. We'll try to replicate it and fix it on our end or contact BullGuard. I'll contact you if we need more details.

Good point @Craven, these two threads/issues might be related because of that.

I installed the Beta Version 1.05.1.1004 and it's all working fine now. Thanks everyone!

Thanks for the confirmation. Marking this thread as solved but not closing it until 1.05 is fully published.

If anybody else runs into this problem please PM me.

Yes, it works with Experimental build 1.05.3.1011. I didn't find any problem. In addition to that, Opera seems to load and work faster now.