Installing Malwarebytes Antimalware V 1.75?

Hi. I recently tried installing the latest malwarebytes version. However I am legally blind and have found that version 2 is incompatible with screenreaders and is therefore useless to me. I have used version 1.75 with no problems, so is there somewhere I can safely download that version while the newest is hopefully getting fixed? Thanks.

Hi:

You are most welcome.
I'm glad I could help.

Just a couple of notes (especially for other persons who might find this thread):

It's strongly advised to upgrade to version 2.x at some point:

• The reasons to use the newer version are that it has built-in rootkit scanning (1.75 does not); it has a new text parsing engine to address special threats targeted by using configuration files (1.75 does not); and it has built-in Self Protection (1.75 does not). It can also detect and remove some threats that 1.75 cannot because it offers native 64-bit support for 64-bit systems (1.75 does not).
  • Support for version 1.x will end eventually.

You are not the first person to report the issue with screenreaders and version 2.

The development team is aware of the issue and AFAIK they do plan to fix this with a later build.

So, you'll want to keep an eye out here at the forum, on the blog and/or on social media for program updates.

ALSO, please be sure you configure 1.75 to postpone program updates -- otherwise, you will be nagged about it by the auto-updater.

Thanks,

post-29793-0-97401600-1402698707_thumb.p